Losing powers AU

Inspired by unforgettwb1e 's book - "how things have changed". Of course, a pint of my own AU's chilling nearby.

Through the streets of Nevermoor, a flickering shadow ran. Rain was blocking his vision, he was scared.
This was not how it was meant to be! He was not even meant to be here, but after trying to get back that day, it worked. Except that something was horribly wrong.
Ezra's wunder was leaving him, leaving to an unknown source. That shouldn't happen under any circumstances. Wunder doesn't just rapidly leave a wundersmith! Now, after being restless for 2 days in a row, trying to understand what's going on, unsuccessfully, he was yearning for help. It was time to seek advice from someome else.

Ezra tried to hide himself with the art of masquerade, quickly making his way up to Jupiter's office. Fast knocking 6 times on the door, he heard the other answer.
Once he opened the door, Jupiter noticing him, eyes went wide open, staring at Ezra surprised.
"You're here, in Nevermoor..? How?"

"Can't you see? There isn't much wunder around me anymore, is there?"
Ezra asked, trying to stay as calm as possible. Maybe Nevermoor let him back inside only because he wasn't a threat anymore.

"How does that even make sense? I thought it couldn't just leave you.
Jupiter asked, getting worried by now.

"I know that it doesn't!"
Ezra raised his voice, masking his fear with not as real anger.

"You know how hard I'd want to push you against a wall and slap you back to reality right now..."
Jupiter quietly said, now that Ezra couldn't exactly protect himself anymore, this was truly scaring. Truly, Jupiter didn't even want to hurt the other, only worrying about him was making him loose it.

"If I didn't have something important to worry about right now, I'd probably enjoy that, but please, I-"
Ezra's voice cracked, not being able to say what he really needed to.

Jupiter walked up to his partner, being so aware of how scared Ezra actually was. His whole life's work was dissappearing rapidly. Just imaging that, imagining his own knack just vanishing, that was a horrible feeling.
From that though, Jupiter steeped back, thinking even more about it, starting to get nervous.

"Don't you start panicking now! I'm the one who's powers are vanishing!"
Ezra said, taken back by the realisation that Jupiter was freaking out because of him not only being in Nevermoor, but the gigantic change that could make itself felt, damaging so everything.
It was terrifying to even think about loosing own's knack.

Both of them were slowly panicking even more. Ezra was worried about Jupiter, but Jupiter was worried about Ezra.
"Jupiter! Sit down before you loose your ballance. I already have one problem to deal with, and I'd prefer not to have you freaking out on the floor."
Squall said, trying not to be more emotionally disturbed.

Jupiter heard the other very clearly, listening to what he was told to do. Sitting down was necessary for both of them. Knowing that Ezra wouldn't just sit down, he went up to him, unsuccessfully picking him up, pulling him towards the sofa in front of a comforting fireplace.
Both of them were sitting in front of the fireplace, staring into the fire. Jupiter looked at the other, noticing that he's crying, slow and painful tears, looking very hurt while lost in thoughts.
"You should get some sleep.. For how long have you been up?"
Questioned Jove.

"For around.. two days. I don't want to wake up, feeling more pathetic than I already do."
Ezra answered, feeling his tears, finally realising that he's actually crying. Trying to stop his so unlike him behavior, he was starting to freak out even more. Wiping away tears, they only arrived more and more. Giving up, he moved closer to Jupiter, hugging him, burying his face into Jove's neck.
The other hugged back, sympathy for Ezra increased even more, now even he was feeling hurt.