25

dylan hayes 

Poppy and I curl up on my couch while I binge watch a baking show and braid my hair into two french plaits. A clay mask is in the process of drying on my face and I have to stop Poppy from licking if off every few minutes but it's worth it cause she's so cute. I'm always multi-tasking, for some reason I can't just put all of my attention on one thing.

We came back from New York a couple days ago and I haven't seen Elliot since. We've been completely ignoring what happened and acting as if we never kissed; which is for the better, I think.

I mean I knew he would be a good kisser because he's Elliot, he's annoyingly good at most things but I didn't expect it to be so intimate. I've never really kissed anyone I liked before, it's pretty much always been strangers for me and I'm not sure I can go back to that anymore, at least not without comparing it to him.

Fuck. I like him and I've kissed him and now I like him even more. I need to stop being a little bitch and just tell him. It's Elliot, there's a good chance he likes me and not just my body, right? I know he finds me attractive but does he find me like romantically interesting? I mean I'm lovely why wouldn't he? Actually let's not go there, that's a dark path.

It's so cringey telling people you like them. What the fuck do I say? I should ask Gracie she has a boyfriend. I pull out my phone and factime Gracie who answers pretty quickly.

"How do you tell someone you like them?" I ask her straight away without bothering to say hello.

"You mean how do you tell Elliot that you like him?" She corrects and I ignore her.

"It's just so cringey." I whine and Poppy looks over at me so I smooth her until she settles back down.

"Then just ask him out then." Gracie shrugs unhelpfully.

"I can't do that!" I gasp at her ridiculous suggestion.

"Dylan, you're overthinking it. He's head over heels for you and I promise he will not care how you say it."

"I care."

After more unhelpful comments from Gracie I hang up. Maybe I am stressing myself out too much over this.

I chill on my couch for the rest of the day, ranting to Poppy who just looks at me adoringly. It's strange how dogs can make you feel so happy and calm. I really think if I had a dog as I child I would've been a lot happier and a lot less lonely.

"What do you think I should do Poppy?" I whisper for no reason to the blonde beauty in my lap.

"I think you're right. I should wait and feel things out a little more, there's no need to rush it." As I speak my phone buzzes and I groan feeling like I still haven't made a decision.

Jayden's message pops up, asking me if I'm down to go out tonight.

Eh, I don't really want to but I want to see them so why not. I reply saying yes but I won't be staying for too long.

I carry her up with me so I can get ready with her next to me and she happily complies. I take my hair out of the plaits and wash the face mask off. I stick on a hype playlist to get my energy levels up and an ice cold diet coke from my better than usual stocked fridge.

I attempt to use all my easiest to remove makeup products and leave my hair in it's natural waves. For my outfit I stick on a black mini skirt and a sparkly top. I really cannot be bothered tonight.

Elliot texted me earlier asking if I was going tonight and if I wanted to walk with him to the club. I obviously said yes to both. So when my doorbell rings I, Poppy and I make our downstairs to meet him.