CHAPTER 5

˖°

˖°. Per'La .°˖

The sun was setting, when the girl reached the shallows. It was near eclipse, the scenery has changed from bright skies to hues of purples and oranges. The girl's steps grew loud as she stomped towards the place where the ilu and would rest. There were a few tsurak and ilu wandering but none of them was Leia. Her unruly hair had been pinned back with a shell, the strays moved with the soft wind. As she looked left and right, her tail had swung with her motion looking for her ilu anywhere she would imagine.

Leia did not like the feel of the harsh sun, thus preferring to rest in a shade. This made it a bit challenging to find the ilu.

"Leia"

She had called out for the ilu, as she looked around in search. There were many places to stay in the shallows, making it a bit difficult for the girl. It was either small coves or under the shade or the humongous plants that grew on the sand submerged in the water. There were also ilu that subtly looked like Leia. After a short walk on the beach, she had spotted a familiar flipper in the distance seeping out of a huge leaf. This made her walk her way there, her feet slightly stomping.

This made the ilu aware of her presence, the stomping denoting strong emotion. Leia was kind of startled as her rider neared, but she entirely knew why. The ilu was trying to surprise the girl, but the other Metkayina kids had already a glimpse of her with the young orphaned ilu she had found just past the reef.

"How dare you not tell me" Per'La said with a huff as she was still slightly disappointed Leia that had not told her about it.

Her arms were crossed. Her voice a bit changing in tone, making Leia think the girl was actually upset with her. The ilu had lowered her head in shame, making the girl feel bad about her tone from earlier. "I am not upset but why did you disappear and not said a word about it"

Leia could only tilt her head at the girl. The girl had done this a lot, acting like Leia could easily reply to her when she cannot. The reason Per'La did do such a thing is that an ilu cannot speak, although she had loved talking to her ilu, and other animals if she was in the mood. The girl never knew if the animals she talked to actually understood her but Leia did as she would always respond.

Leia fully understood her as they spent a lot of time, the ilu had grown accustomed to the girl's way of communication even if she cannot speak. She has grown to learn how to reply to the girl as well, which made Per'La happy even when she was younger.

"I know you cannot talk" The ilu could only chirp at the girl, as she could not talk. This earned a soft snicker from Per'La. "I am only kidding"

Leia chirped as she moved around. This made Per'La wonder if the young ilu was actually there with her since she could not find her. Soon enough, Leia chirped in an unfamiliar tone. It sounded different from the past chirps Leia had done. It made her look around, pondering for something to happen from that chirp.