CHAPTER 2- "Dreams of The Damned"

(Art by @kokoroisbleeding on Tumblr :D)

-------------------------------------------------------

[6/14/1995]

[10:05 AM]

[Mandela County, Wisconsin]

---------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

It's been 6 months ever since Dani's car accident, and surprisingly, she's been doing really well!

Well...we WERE...until a while back. Recently, a couple of weeks ago actually, Dani introduced us to her new friend. Her new IMAGINARY friend, I mean.

His name is "Gabe", according to Dani. But the way she describes him is what makes me skeptical: Long blonde hair, a white dress with a gold belt, 6'5, plus blue eyes like me and Mom. I was uneasy at first but Mom said I shouldn't think too much about it and let Dani have her fun.

But that's the thing! Ever since we were introduced to Gabe,

Strange things have been happening...

Like my dad would complain of hearing multiple voices despite there being no source, especially at night.

The day before yesterday, we went out to the movies, just me, Dani, and my parents, and I SWEAR I could feel someone following us the whole time!!

I also noticed that Dani has been zoning out more often and also talking to nobody, but will say she's talking to Gabe when asked.

Anyways, recently this morning; Mom had told us at breakfast she saw an Alternate standing over Dani and watching her sleep last night. But Dani said that she was just being delusional and it was most likely The Lord punishing her for a sin she committed.

But as for me, ever since Gabe came into the picture...

Nightmares have become more common for me than I'd like to believe...

Horrible nightmares, actually...

Like a few weeks ago, I had a dream where I was a shepherd in the B.C. period looking after my flock, but then a large black humanoid with claw-like fingers came in and killed every last one of my sheep. And I'm not sure why, but all I did was stand there and watch, probably too paralyzed by fear to move, watching the humanoid use its long, slender, claw-like fingers to tear through my sheep's stomachs and rip their organs to shreds. 

All while I  watched and listened to the loud bleating of my sheep as they were torn alive. Blood and guts were everywhere and I honestly felt like vomiting.

When the massacre was all over, the humanoid turned around and started charging towards me with rapid speed. As much as I wanted to scream, or run, or do anything, I was too paralyzed by the previous events to move.

Luckily I woke up before it could reach me, but it scarred me pretty badly and I slept in Mom and Dad's room for several days after that.

But yesterday, instead of the usual hellish dreams I was oddly getting used to having...This one dream felt more different...

More realistic...

I woke up to find myself in a large room with walls made of sand and iron chains decorating the walls and hanging from the ceiling...

I was confused as to where I was until I noticed a man crouched in front of me.

He looked like he was 5'5 and had short, curly, very mushy tangerine hair. He was also wearing a gold tunic that was practically in tatters as well as the white cloak he had on over it, and heavy looking chains attached to his wrists and ankles...He looked distraught and like he was expecting my arrival...