Chapter 8 - The Guestroom

⚠️trigger warning - borderline rape⚠️

- - -

"Dad! How could you?" Maria could hear Lily screaming at her dad as she walked down the stairs, heading to the kitchen for her morning coffee. She was hoping to have some caffeine in her before having to deal with the civilian drama.

"But sweetheart, I did it for you! I heard people talking about how organic honey is good for newborn babies and thought I could get some ready for my grandkid!" Lily's dad, Mickey, tried to explain.

When Maria entered the kitchen, she could see Lily, Marshall and Mickey gathered near the basement door, arguing. Natalie, on the other hand, was sitting at the booth, just leisurely sipping her cup of coffee. It almost looked as if she was enjoying all this.

"Okay, first of all, that's just not true. Honey is dangerous for babies. And second of all, that's not a reason to bring 10,000 bees into our basement!" Lily looked like she was going to strangle him with her bare hands.

Maria tried to hide a smirk. That did sound like something Mickey would do. And that explained the terrified look on Marshall's face. The basement though, that must have been a pain for Natalie. Maria stole a glance her way and caught Natalie staring at her. Maria raised a questioning eyebrow. Natalie curled her lips and shrugged, like she couldn't care less about her bee-infested room.

"Natalie, we are so sorry! We called a guy to come deal with this, but he can only come tomorrow. With Robin in our guest room, we can only offer you the couch for tonight." Lily apologized to Natalie. She and Marshall went on to suggest different plans on how they could fetch her essential belongings from the basement, and reassured her that they would stay away from the living room tonight so that she could have some privacy. They even offered to refund some of her paid rent. Natalie waved her hand dismissively. "It's fine, really." Natalie didn't sound bothered by any of this at all. That calmed Lily and Marshall down a little and they went back to chastising Mickey for his idiotic behaviour instead.

As Lily and Marshall were preoccupied with scolding Mickey and managing damage control, Natalie finished her coffee and got up to head to work. She walked past Maria as she left the kitchen. Very subtly, Natalie brushed her fingers against Maria's, intertwining them together, lingering for just a second. Then she pulled away and pushed open the kitchen door to leave, but not before she gave Maria a seductive wink. The other three people in the kitchen were too busy dealing with a lone bee that had escaped the basement so no one paid the two of them any attention. But Maria could feel her own heart racing even long after she heard Natalie opening and closing the front door of the house.

This had been what it was like for the past week. Long gazes, secret touches and stolen kisses. Lily wasn't feeling well and had taken the week off, and Mickey was here during the day to take care of her. As a result, Natalie and Maria were never alone in the house. But Natalie couldn't seem to keep her hands off Maria. Whenever no one was looking, Natalie would pull Maria into dark corners of the house to make out. At first, it was just some quick and quiet kisses. But the last two times, Natalie was getting more handsy and they'd almost fucked in the utility closet. Maria was certain they would have done so if they hadn't heard Marshall or Mickey coming into the kitchen for a snack or a drink while they were hiding. Not that Maria had anything to complain about their make-out sessions, but they really should have been more careful. This was already too complicated as it was. With her being undercover, and Robin being straight, and them living under the same roof. Maria couldn't even start to imagine how much more difficult it was gonna be if Lily and Marshall found out.

"Robin, are you ok? You look a little flushed." Marshall asked as he caught Maria staring into space. Fuck. Maria must have zoned out right in the middle of the kitchen thinking about Natalie and their most recent escapade in the closet.