Chapter 1

Cleo's P.O.V

**FLASHBACK**

I'm sitting in the car with my parents. My dad and mom are arguing like usual. I don't know what about though. We've just come from my mom's parents house. My dad doesn't like them but I don't know why. My mom gave me her phone to listen to music. Now we are on our way home. It's nighttime and really hard to see. I look up from the phone just in time to see my dad hit my mom. He's losing control of the car. I see bright lights of a big moving truck. My dad stops hitting my mom to try to gain control of the car. I feel the strain from my seat belt as the car flips over and over, three times. I feel my head hit the back of the seat hard. I see my dad hit against the windshield and his head splits open, blood all over the place. I scream "Daddy!" I turn to mom just in time to see her head hit against the window. I hear a crack and see her slump in her seat. I scream, tears running down my cheeks, "Mommy!" I struggle in my booster seat and my head hits something hard. I cry out softly and black out.... I wake up and I see people rushing around me. I hear someone, a woman, say she's awake. They come around me and start touching me. I let out a whimper because I'm hurting. I see doctors and they ask me my name... I say my name is Cleo, Cleo Carson.

** End of Flashback**

That is a constant scenario that replays in my head everyday. I live with my dad's parents. They hate me. They remind me everyday that I killed their son. They never acknowledge the fact my mother died to. They didn't think I was there grandchild. My grandfather has called my mom a whore multiple times. I was forced to go to my father's funeral. I hated that man. I watched him beat my mother unconscious so many times and once almost beat her to near death. I've been mourning over my mother's death ever since the crash. This isn't your typical life story. I'm taking you on a journey. I never said it was good...but I'm not saying it's bad.