Chapter 7

Cleo's

It's been an interesting four days. We've been moving all my things out of my old house. Jake's parents have been nothing but welcoming to me into their home. Today Jake's taking me shopping while the movers get my room ready, which I Haven't seen by them way, and the house workers get my things put away. It shouldn't be much since I've never owned too many things. Jake and I are going shopping today because the dork said he wants to spoil me. This all sparked from when the jerk was being a complete ass.

***RECAP OF EARLIER***

We were sitting downstairs in the living room. I was talking to Jake about work.

"So...I was wondering if you'd help me find a job?" I said sitting up and crossing my legs on the couch.

"What for?" Jake said still watching the tv unfazed by my question.

"What do you mean "what for" Jake I need money" I said with a hint of attitude.

"No you don't I'm perfectly capable of providing for you" Jake said egotistically.

"I don't recall needing your permission to work so, I'll find a job myself" I got up off the couch.

Jake grabbed my wrist "I'm not playing Cleo. No girl of mine is gonna work" He said letting me go and returning his attention to the tv.

"I don't know what type of man pride train your own but I suggest you hop off it. You can be a grade 'A' ass you know" I say as I walk up the stairs.

I go to his room since my stuff is in there and I get ready to shower. I hear someone coming up the stairs but I ignore it knowing it's probably Jake. I get my iPhone and connect it to Bluetooth and start my playlist. Jake stands at the door just watching me.

"You can stop looking at me anytime," I said already annoyed with him from earlier.

He walks up behind me and puts his face in my neck.

"You know I'm sorry right" Jake mumbled into my neck.

"Yeah whatever." I said walking away and sitting on the edge of his bed.

Jake walked over and got on his knees. He grabbed my hands in my lap and kissed them.

"My family embeds it into our head that men should be the providers for their women. You shouldn't have to lift a finger. You're my queen Cleo and I want you to feel like nothing less. So yeah maybe it is my pride but you should know I do everything I can to keep you happy." Jake says and I sit there quiet.

"I'm sorry I grabbed you like that earlier my papà would kill me if he found out. I'm sorry I don't mean to hurt you. Please don't leave me" Jake said and I see a tear run down his cheek. I wipe it gently and grab his chin so he'll look at me but he doesn't.

"Vous pensez probablement que je suis un punk droit" Jake says in French I think. I've been practicing a lot.

"You're not a punk babe," I said slightly laughing. "Look at me," I said while tilting his head towards me. " I'm not going anywhere," I said reassuringly.

"How about we make a deal?" Jake said while his face lit up.

"Talk to me loser," I said pulling him to sit beside me.

"I'll take you shopping and if you let me pay but while we're there I'll help you fill out applications, Deal?" Jake said holding out his hand. I smirked and agreed.

Jake's Pov

I just finished apologizing to Cleo and she's taking a shower now. She's been in there for like an hour already. I start looking at her jewelry and I see a necklace she wears all the time. I decide it would funny to hide it from her. She came out the shower wrapped in a towel.

"Why you standing there like that," she said playfully. I didn't wanna seem suspicious so I just acted normal.

"Waiting for you I was sure you took a trip to Narnia without me" I said while laughing.

"Shut yo face loser," she said as she was walking into the closet to put her outfit on.

"I'm going downstairs to bring the car in front," I said and walked downstairs.

I kinda feel bad but it's gonna be funny seeing her reaction. I grab the keys off the wall and press the lock to see what car it is. I guess we're taking the jet black 2017 Chrysler 300C since those are the keys I grabbed. I get a text from my mom asking how's Cleo. I smile at the text and in the middle of replying I hear glass shattering. At first, I think it's the movers. Ugh, my dad's gonna kill them if they broke any of his vintage vases. It wasn't them because after I heard Cleo scream. I dropped my phone and the keys and ran into the house and upstairs as fast as I could.

"CLEO" I screamed as I opened the door. I see her hands bloody and glass everywhere on one side of my room.

"Cleo what happened?" I watched as she sits in the corner looking off into space.

"The neckl (replays memories of her mother wearing the necklace leading up to the accident)" she stops talking so I walk up to her. She starts kicking and screaming.

"No come back hembaa (sobs) please I need you" she keeps sobbing and I finally get her to a point where I can hold her.

"I didn't know...I'm so sorry" I repeated. I got up and went in my sock draw to get her necklace. She holds onto it for dear life. I didn't know it was so important.

"Was....was it hers?" I asked referring to her mom.

""Yes" she whispers barely audible. She looks broken down and exhausted. I get up and punch the wall letting out my frustration.

"God I'm so stupid" I keep repeating in my head and out loud a few times.

"Stop" I hear Cleo say but my anger is blocking out her voice.

"Jake please you're scaring me" the last words I ever wanted to hear her say and the last words before I blacked out.

Cleo's pov

I picked Jake up and tucked him into bed. I went to the bathroom and got him a cold towel to put on his head. I started to run him a bath because i knew he'd need one after hitting his head and blacking out. I hear feet rushing upstairs and his dad and mom rush in the door with guns.

"Cleo, sweetheart are you okay?" they asked in unison. It was pretty cool you know having people to care about me.

"It's a long story but I'm fine. He's fine he just um blacked out and I've been taking care of him. I'm sorry about the vase I'll pay for it or (gco)" I ramble on

"Nonsense it's more important to know you two are safe," Mr. Tyler said.

"So why in the world are you two packing like that?" I question referring to the guns which are very nice.

"It's better to have a gun and not use it than to need a gun and not have it," Mrs. Alexus said with a smile.

"Wel,l I'm going to finish with Jake if you don't mind," I say as I feel Jake stir in him now somewhat conscious state.

"Well I'm going to start dinner you two just call and I'll have someone bring it up to you," Mrs. Alexus says as they walk out the room. Once Jake can hold his own weight I tell him the tubs filled for him. I didn't ask if he needed help considering we're both virgins. Well, at least I am. After 30 minutes Jake comes out with his towel wrapped around his waist. I was laying in the bed watching tv and he came up and kissed my forehead. He walked out with basketball shorts on. He gets in bed beside me and we just lay there in silence.

"So....," he said trying to ease the tension. Just as I was almost forced to respond his mom called out that dinner was ready. I got up and sprinted downstairs. I was bummed when I realized I had to take it upstairs for Jake. I gave his plate and was about to walk out.

"We can't avoid this forever you know" He called out.

"Well I'd like to for as long as possible" I responded back. After I finished I grabbed a tub of ice cream and watched K. Michelle until I fell asleep. I heard someone in the kitchen and then I was being lifted off the couch. I didn't pay much attention after I felt the fluffy sheets and went back to sleep.