Chapter 3

Cleo's P.O.V

I wake up in the morning and feel my bed empty. I sit up and rub my eyes. I don't see Jake in my room. I'm upset about him just leaving but, I loved being wrapped in his arms last night. I get up and check my phone. It's 6 in the morning.I get decide that I'm going to school today. I go in my closet and chose what I want to wear. I pick black pants with two gold zippers in the front, a white crop top that says rebel and my black combat boots. I go to grab my bracelets off the dresser and see a box with a note beside it. I unfold the note and read it.

'I'm sorry I couldn't stay. I had to get home. I liked last night. But I wrote this to tell you to meet me at our place tonight at 8. You'll know where it is. I'll leave you a trail. I can't wait to see you. Maybe I'll see you before then.

Love, Jake'

I smile at the note and then I reach for the box. I look inside and it's a bracelet. It's engraved with my name. I smile and put it on. Then I put my mother's necklace on. I grab my book bag and walk downstairs. I try my best to avoid my grandparents but I fail.

"I heard someone in my house last night" my grandmother said.

"If it was that boy I swear" My grandfather said.

"You swear what" I said with an attitude.

"I'd watch your tone if I was you" my grandmother said picking up a knife.

"If you cut me I'll call the police" I said seriously.

"You don't have anywhere else to go" my grandfather said

"I'd rather be anywhere but this hell hole" I mumble under my breathe.

My grandma pushes me up against the closest wall with the knife up to my throat. I look her straight in the eyes. She looks at me and smile. This crazy bitch is going to kill me one day. She backs away and keeps cooking. I run outside and start skateboarding to school. I finally get there without getting in trouble 😎 . I go through the doors and into the office to get my schedule. I see a guy in the principal's office with their parents. It looks like Jake but I'm not sure. I shake the thought because it can't be Jake right? Right. I thought to myself. I go to my locker and unpack my books and put my stuff in my locker. I feel someone towering over me. I slowly stand up. The person whispers in my ear.

"I told you I'd see you again" He said

I recognize that voice. I turn around and hug Jake. He wraps his arm around me tight. We let go and I hit him playfully in the chest.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to school here" I whisper-yell

"You never asked" He laughs

"Lemme see your schedule" I say smaking his arms repeatedly out of excitement.

"Okay calm down" He said smiling at my behavior

I look to see that I have 3 of my 7 classes with him and lunch. We go our separate ways for our first 4 classes. It was a normal day. I copied notes, got my work done and repeated the same thing in my other classes. It's now time for lunch. A guy comes up to me.