Bonus Chapter 2

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR TO THOSE WHO CELEBRATE 🥳

Sorry for not updating so often but I'm really excited about my new book and I'm putting the very little energy I have left into it to make sure I can get a lot done before school starts up again. Hope you enjoy this really long chapter!

~ ~ ~

30th of December. Yunabami Airi's birthday.

Airi's vision was fuzzy before she blinked a few times. She looked to her nightstand which had her phone vibrating on it, her wall clock displaying 5:56am. She let it ring for a while before gathering the courage to answer it.

"Good morning, Kirari-san." The student council president let out a chuckle from the other end of the line, probably laughing at how ridiculous her morning voice was.

"Hello, Airi-chan."

"What do you want?"

"My, how blunt of you. Sumeragi has transferred all she owed. Since it's such a large sum, I wanted to tell you. 23% was transferred to Akashi Seijuro, just as you requested."

"Why didn't you just get your secretary to do it?"

"Why can't I call my dearest cousin?"

"It's strange when it's you."

"How mean. Anyways, happy birthday. I do wish you would come to the Academy and have a little bit of a birthday gamble, but since you so harshly turned down my request I guess it's not happening." Her mocking sad tone pissed Airi off. Rolling her eyes, she sighed.

"You're right. It's not happening."

"Aww, but Manyuda has been looking forward to playing against you-"

"I refuse, thank you very much."

"And Sayako-"

"No thanks."

"And Runa-"

"No. Thank. You."

She hung up without waiting for a response and put her phone back on the nightstand. A little bit more sleep wouldn't hurt. Plus, it was her birthday.

The phone rang again and Airi angrily picked up mentally prepared to face repercussions after giving her a piece of her mind. Blindly reaching for her phone, she pressed accept.

"I don't want to gamble! How many times do I have to tell you-"

"You sound happy."

Airi's mind went blank.

"Did your cousin call you?"

She didn't really register that her boyfriend was the one who was talking to her. Airi blinked a few times, trying to get her brain to function.

"Airi-chan?"

Snapping out of her surprised daze, she quickly responded, "huh?"

"Never mind. Get ready, we're going out."

"What? Where?"

"Don't ask so many questions. Now hurry up."

~

The midwinter breeze chilled Airi and she was contemplating going back upstairs and getting a jacket. She didn't know where they were going, so she picked out a soft white sweater and black leggings. Her favourite white sneakers fit snuggly on her feet, blocking them from the wind as she waited outside of her apartment for Akashi.

Not a minute later, a black limousine rolled to a slow stop in front of her. She couldn't contain her smile when she saw her angel of a boyfriend step down and embrace her in a tight hug.