The Search Begins (1)

It was late at night when Myra woke up from her nap. She could hear her dad downstairs beginning to wash the dishes. She turned on her radio to a channel that was like static. She found comfort in sounds similar to this, like the rain the was yet to come to night. She sat at her desk and decided to draw. It was her favorite hobby, she did it on the rare days she didn't have homework, like this one. She didn't expect to her friends talking in via radio.

"Lucas, do you copy? It's Mike." Myra put down her pencil and adjusted the volume a little while she unlocked her door and went downstairs. Her dad saw her and smiled. She smiled back and grabbed some leftovers from the fridge and went back upstairs, closing her door.

"Lucas?" "Hey, it's Lucas." "I know it's you. And say "over" when you're done talking so I know when you're done. Over." "I'm done. Over." Myra smiled softly at the banter. "I'm worried about Will. Over." Myra smile faded; she was worried too. "Yeah. This is crazy. Over." She pick up her radio to answer. "Hey guys. I'm worried too. Over." "Myra? Is that you? Over." Myra rolled her eyes. "Nope, you've got Santa Claus on the line. What would you like for Christmas, Michael?" Myra said in a telemarketer-like voice. "Sarcasm isn't need Myra, and you didn't say over. Over."

Myra rolled her eyes again. "I was thinking...Will could've cast Protection last night, but he didn't. He cast Fireball. Over." Myra's eye grew wide with intrigue. "What's your point? Over." Lucas said. "My point is... he could've played it safe, but he didn't. He put himself in danger to help the party. Over." You were getting the gist of what Mike was saying. Will sacrificed himself for the well-being of the party, it was time reciprocate and look for him.

"Meet me in ten at my place. Over and out." Myra said as she put, she her radio in her backpack and got other things ready that she might need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eleven heard someone go upstairs after coming out of the bathroom in her new Benny's burgers t-shirt. It was a spare that Benny had, and Myra hadn't taken the chance to take and wear it for herself. "Hey there, glad that fits ya. Look, I got some dishes to wash alright? How about a treat?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myra was pacing as she waited for the three boys to arrive at her house so she could sneak out. She heard a pebble hit her window and she smiled. She opened her window and held up her finger to signal to wait a minute. She went to her door and shouted to her dad that was downstairs. "Daddy! I'm going to bed now! I love you!" She silently put her shoes on as she waited for her dad's response. "Alrighty, love ya too sweet-pea!" Myra smiled to herself as she closed her door and turned off her lamp. She carefully exited her room through the window and jumped. This wasn't her first time doing stuff similar to this.

How do you think she broke her arm?

She zipped up her jacket and picked up her bike. "You ready to go boys?" They nodded. "You should be more careful, Myra. You'll break your other arm." Lucas told her. She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, let's hurry up..." Myra mounted on her bike.

"I have a really, really bad feeling..."

Took too long to post and I don't even know if it was worth it. I'm sorry! Until next time! 😘