Part 10

Miles leaned his head back as he looked directly into the purplish green lights that shone down into the hot tub in Mark's room, an old fashioned in his hand. He kept hearing Mark's voice go in and out of focus, he couldn't figure out what he was saying. Mark had the great idea of the both of them dropping MDMA. After Miles had explained how horrible his night seemed to be going, Mark stated that he got this batch from Ron (who helps out on that side of the business. It's not all just cocaine.) and that doing this together would strengthen their relationship thus strengthening the business, and that it'll just flat out make them have a good time. Miles always said it's not a great idea to do what you deal, but this once he decided to abandon all morals.

"Honestly, fuck Luna. You don't deserve that shit. You need someone who's gonna hang around, care about you and talk, not just fuck your brains out." Mark said, Miles finally hearing what he was saying.

Some 1970s disco hits poured out of Mark's record player speakers, something what sounded like Average White Band. Miles sat up and took a sip of his cocktail, squeezing his eyes shut a couple times to try and adjust them. Nope, didn't work. Everything's still too bright and blurry. Miles sat his drink down on the edge, looking over at Mark who seemed to be almost bursting with energy. Miles had to admit, he was feeling a lot more elated since the ecstasy started to hit. Still emotionally a little low but his body felt great, feeling so many emotions all at once but still so physical happy.

"Mark, I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting a little worried I'm never going to find someone– and can I get a cigarette?" Miles asked.

"You'll need to get out to smoke or it's gonna get all wet." Mark pulled himself from the bubbling water, reaching over the edge to grab a pack of ciggies that was laying on a closely perched side table just for the occasion.

Mark handed Miles the cig and placed one in his own lips. Mark lit Miles' cigarette first then his own, taking in a long drag as he sat on the edge of the hot tub.

"Anyone would be lucky to be with you Miles, don't think of yourself so low." Marks pupils were huge, his eyes almost looked fully black. Miles assumed the same of himself, good thing they both have dark eyes.

Mark took another long drag, his jaw clenched. "To be honest Miles.." exhale. "If I'm going to talk about this, I'm going to talk about it now." Mark got up and shuffled his way over to Miles' side, propping himself up next to him. "Could be the Molly speaking, but um..." Mark trailed off, placing his cigarette back in between his lips.

"Yeah?" Miles said, looking over at Mark. He was feeling a lot of things too.

"Let's go to the club, it's what– 1 am?" Mark obviously wasn't trying to say that. "Let's go get wasted, forget about that bitch Luna and just have a good time, yeah?" Mark took another drag before putting out his cig in the tub and trying to toss the now sopping wet filter into the nearest bin in the living room, missing.

"Club it is then." Miles took a drag, keeping his cigarette placed in his lips as he stepped out of the hot tub, wrapping himself up in a towel before placing his cig in an ashtray next to the pack on the small side table Mark had pulled out.

"I'm gonna head up to my room and get ready, come get me when you're ready to go." Miles said, towel still wrapped at his waist as he headed for the elevator.

The club was packed full, after all it was a Friday night at 1-2ish am. Miles decided to wear a pair of fitted jeans and a loose waffle knit sweater, the fabric felt cool against his skin which is the sole reason why he wore it. Try getting dressed on MDMA. He had simply just pushed his hair back and pulled on a pair of white tennis shoes, quickly washing his face, hoping it would sober him up. Spoiler alert– it didn't.

Mark had decided on the most Mark outfit he could find– murdered out converse, tweed slacks that look like from your grandpas closet and of course and lowly unbuttoned 1970's dagger collar shirt. His messy long hair was obviously unbrushed, but they owned the place and were off the clock so who cares what they looked like. Immediately the two walked over to the bar, finding their way to a small opening in between the crowd of people.

"Hey!" The bartender called to Miles. "What can I get for you two?"

Miles kept staring at the bottles behind her, the lights bouncing off of them was mesmerising (to his high as hell mind). The walls were painted in a bright red, almost like blood. They kept glowing. Mark spoke for the both of them. He seemed to be doing pretty well, although his eyes said a different story.

"Um, I'll get a glass of the top shelf whiskey on the rocks and Miles will get the same. Thanks Shelby." Mark handed her a $50, even though drinks were always on the house for them, they always tipped. No matter what, common courtesy really. She quickly poured the two glasses, handing them to Miles and Mark. The both of them swiftly walked away and to an area that was relatively open for standing.

"I kind of hate this." Miles said to Mark, kind of yelling at him in order for him to hear. "I think I'd rather just get back in the hot tub."

Mark laughed, pushing Miles a little before taking a sip of his drink. "Finish your drink and then see, if you still want to go back to my room after that we can."

Miles made direct eye contact with Mark as he chugged his glass, setting it onto a nearby standing table as he finished. "Can we go now?" Mark stood, stunned, repeating what Miles did, chugging his glass of whiskey. "Okay let's go." Mark weaved his way out of the crowds, making his way back the main casino room, Miles by his side. "Just too many people man, I can enjoy myself with just you– I'm just good on all that." Miles gestured back towards the entrance of the club.

"Agree, not even enough room to dance." They walked, eventually making their way back to their elevator. The two piled in, staring at the pink lights as they disappeared below, like they don't do that every single night. "Thanks for always being here Mark." Miles said, still staring.

"I mean, where else would I be." Mark patted Miles on the back, his heart rapidly beating. As soon as the doors opened Mark starting pulling off his clothes, leaving a trail as he practically threw himself into the hot tub. Miles laughed, following after him. Mark was feeling a little flirty, it was probably the MDMA flowing through his system.

"Miles come here." Miles pushed himself over to the seat next to Mark, only his head just above the water. "What's up." Miles said, the drugs making his heart pound.

"Can I try something?" Mark asked, inching a little closer. Miles scooted back a little.

"Depends on what it is.." he furrowed his brows, Mark obviously trying to make an advance.

"I just want to try once, come on don't act like you haven't thought about it." Mark said, trying to get closer to Miles, who was now in the corner. Miles didn't seem to object as Mark scooted in towards Miles, slowly pressing his lips against his. It felt great.

It was definitely the MDMA's fault.