Part 11

Miles and Mark parked outside of the car wash, at this point any deals done with Paul we're always done with Miles now. He wasn't going to risk any of the crew getting hurt. Word was that the Boss was back home, and business was back up and running per usual. It was nice to have a break for awhile. Miles thought about what it would be like to be out of this shit. It's exhausting. And after all these years what would it feel like to just have a normal, legal job. Paul pulled up alone this time, his hand in a cast. Smart that he decided to stop brining his shit ass friends with him, or maybe they decided to ditch him– who knows.

"Thought your hand would've healed up by now." Miles joked, Paul didn't think it was very funny. Mark helped Paul unload his car, transferring everything to Miles' trunk. The exchange was quick, like it should be. 'Give me my shit and I'll give you yours'. Easy.

Paul came and went without much conversation at all, thank god. Mark started up the car and began to head to the storage facility, Miles in the passenger seat. They had mutually (without saying anything) decided to just not talk about the other night. Really there wasn't much to talk about. They both knew what happened, and were simply blaming everything on their heightened senses during their ecstasy trip. The car ride wasn't as tense as it usually was, honestly Mark felt better since that night. It felt good to get all that out of his system. It's hard to say how far they went, it was really all just a fuzzy memory at this point.

"Hey I forgot to tell you." Mark said, glimpsing over at Miles, who's eyes were flickering past every building and car on the road. "Luna tried to call you at the front desk again."

Miles scoffed. "And what did you tell her?"

"I told her to stop calling, can't she get the hint?"

Mark pulled up to the storage unit, letting Miles get out to open up the garage door. Mark watched as Miles unlocked the door and pushed it up, a little bit of his back showing. Miles waved and directed the car into the loading dock before closing the door behind them, Mark shutting off the car. The two stayed quiet as they unloaded the trunk, making their way over to their unit. Miles thought about Luna, and the what-ifs. What if she meant well and could've wanted a relationship. What if he read her note the wrong way, maybe she didn't mean it like that and genuinely cared about him. Miles sat down the bags and unlocked the roll-up metal door, pushing it up. Mark found himself staring as Miles bent down to pick up his bags. The two made their way to the large area rug and pulled it back, lifting up the small trap door. Mark went down first this time, tossing his bags down first before he climbed.

Jamie cheered as he saw Miles come down, bounding over to him to give him a hug. "Miles! Still waiting on that invitation to come to the casino!"

Miles pulled away, patting Jamie on the shoulder. "Well, we're always open Jamie. No need for an invitation." Miles adjusted his feet, lounging onto his left side before speaking. "Now, get this shit done by the weekend, some of the boys will be by to pick it up Saturday morning." Miles cleared his throat, running his hand through his short, brown hair as he looked around the concrete room. "I think it's going to be Tommy, Matt, and um.." Miles snapped his fingers as the name came to him. "Charlie." Jamie nodded, making his way back over to his seat. "Good to see you bro!" Mark waved before heading back up the ladder.

The two made their way back to the car. "I'll drive back." Miles said, holding his hand out to Mark.
"Whatever you say." Mark plopped the keys into Miles' open hand and made his way to the passenger side.