Chapter 10 (Mark)

"Sam, can you go strip the battery out of the other car in here right now and we can see about getting some string lights or something in here? Speaking of which anyone know a teacher who has some?" I ask as Sam nods and heads over to the only car left in the garage.

"There should be some in Ms. Briar's room." Maria says. "Actually I think there are some in the orchestra room too, in one of the practice rooms, it's where they store the Christmas decorations."

"Alright, would you mind going and grabbing them?" I ask.

"Sure, I don't mind, Megan do you want to come with me." Maria asks looking over towards her sister.

"Not really, I'd prefer to stay by the fire, but I guess I could tag along." Megan says looking longingly toward the fire.

"Don't worry I'll keep your spot by the fire nice and warm for when you get back." Sam says teasingly as he takes off his gloves and holds his hands out towards the fire. We all start laughing as he says this, and Megan just huffs in response and sticks her tongue out at him.

"Hey, Steph, you need any help with dinner?" I ask as I see her head over to the food.

"Please, that would be great, I'm trying to decide what to make, anyone have any suggestions?" She asks.

"We could do more nachos it's quick and easy, but maybe with meat this time." Vince suggests.

"What about mini corndogs?" Alice asks looking around at everyone.

"Ooh that sounds good to me." I chime in.

"Mini corndogs it is, sorry Vince maybe next time." Stephanie says as she heads over to go grab them.

"Aww come on can you guys blame me, nachos are the best thing they serve here." Vince says defensively.

"Please everyone know that the mini corn dogs are the best, nachos have nothing on them." Alice says in a haughty tone.

"What, how could you say such a thing." Vince says acting offended.

"No, she's got a point." I say mock seriously trying my best to keep from laughing.

"I'm surrounded by heretical heathens oh the humanity of it all." Vince sighs dramatically before falling onto his makeshift bed.

We all start cracking up as Stephanie just rolls her eyes. "You helping or not." She says looking over at me.

"Yeah, sorry couldn't help messing with the drama queen over here." I say pointing at Vince with my thumb.

"Hey, I'm not a drama queen!" Vince exclaims still laying down next to the fire.

"Of course not your highness." Alice says mockingly before we all start laughing again even Stephanie joins in this time.

"So you planning on sharing that candy?" Daniel asks Vince.

"I put the rest with all the food just grab your favorite." Vince replies. Daniel quickly takes him up on his offer. "Anyone want to play a game or something I'm getting kind of bored?" Vince asks.

"I'm down to play something after dinner, hopefully, we'll have light by then." I say as Sam walks back in.

"Well you're in luck I tested the battery and it's almost fully charged we should get a couple days of power if we are only running lights." Sam says connecting the battery to the converter.