Chapter 3 (Alice)

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I already have the next two chapters done from previous attempts at writing this story, so they'll just need a little reworking before I'm ready to post them so expect them to come out soon. In other news, I'm committed to writing as much as I can, I've actually set a goal to write every day before I go to sleep even if I go back the next day and completely rewrite what I wrote the previous day it helps keep me on track so with that said I hope to continue to pump out new chapters relatively fast.

Alice

"So, anyone have any idea how we are going to move all the food?" I ask as we get closer to the cafeteria.

"What if we empty our backpacks and use them?" Maria suggests.

"But even if we do that, we still won't be able to bring a lot of it in one trip, and I don't know about y'all but if they have a fire going, I'm not gonna want to make a second trip." Megan says trying to think of another solution. "Hey, wait why don't we bring the food over in the trash cans, we can put in fresh bags and then fill them up with the food and roll them all the way to the room."

"That's a great idea, it's definitely better than having to make multiple trips." Jason says excitedly. "Uhhh, not that your idea was bad or anything." He quickly stutters out to Maria who just laughs it off waving her hands.

Luckily the kitchen isn't locked and is easily accessible from the main area of the cafeteria. Looking through all the freezers it doesn't take us long to realize that most of the food would need to be cooked in an oven.

"So, what should we take?" Jake asks looking through one of the freezers next to him.

"Let's definitely grab the chicken sandwiches and burgers and stuff that will be easy to warm up over the fire or something. We can also grab the salads and whatever you guys think we would be able to cook in a pan or a pot." Maria says quickly taking charge. We quickly get a bunch of trash cans and get to work filling them with anything we think would be relatively easy to cook or prepare.

Soon we have filled them with enough food to last us all for a while. Well if we're going to die it won't be of hunger that's for sure. I think as I look over all the food we have collected, we all have two trash cans filled to the brim with food. If there is one advantage to everything being frozen it's that at least the food won't spoil, so even if we don't have power, we will still be able to keep our food frozen.

"Everyone ready to head on over to the auto tech room?" Jason asks looking over at us all to make sure we are all done loading up the food. "Alright, follow me it's not too far from where we split off from the other guys." He says rolling his two trash cans down the hallway.

"Do you think they have a fire going already?" Megan asks longingly.

"I hope so, with how long it took us to load everything up they better have, and if not well, let's just say I'll give them some motivation to work faster." I say threateningly.

"I'm sure they have it already going, although I don't know why they needed four people to start a fire, I mean two would have been more than enough." Maria says.

"I don't think it matters too much we have more than enough food to last us a couple days and we can just make them all go to get more when we run low." Jake says piping up from next to his twin brother.

"Yeah, I guess so." Maria sighs out.

"We're here!" Jason shouts out as we enter the garage. The glow of the fire they have burning in the classroom lighting up the smudged and grease smeared windows of the classroom facing the car bays. The air almost feels warmer already even though I know there I no way for the fire to have warmed up the garage so soon.