006

~Chapter Six~

'Jump on princess'

'Jump on princess'

We all stood outside in the courtyard waiting for the memorial to start. Allison was nice enough to let wear one of her uniforms that being the only thing she had in her room that would fit me. Vanya tried to let me wear something of hers but they were all too small. Five was wearing his uniform too.

It was rain so we all had umbrellas other than Luther and Diego. Me and Five shared the last one while Klaus used a clear and pink one that I think was made for kids.

"Did something happen?" Grace asked clearly confused, making everyone look at her.

"Dad died. Remember?" Allison said.

"Oh," Grace said frowning. "Yes, of course."

"Is mom okay?" Allison asked Diego.

"Yeah. Yeah she's fine,"he replied quickly. "She just needs to rest. You know, recharge."

"Whenever you're ready, dear boy," Pogo said looking at Luther who was holding the urn.

Luther took a deep breath before opening it. When he poured the ashes they all just plotted to the floor not really going anywhere it... looked sad.

"Probably would have been better with some wind," Luther said, looking around at us.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked, as he looked around. "Very well," he sighed once no one said anything.

"In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster," Diego said cutting Pogo off making Klaus laughing and Klaus laughing made me smile a bit.

"He was a bad person and a worse father," Diego counited. "The world's better off without him."

"Diego"

"My name is Number Two. You know why?" he paused. "Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Grace smiled.

"No it's okay mom"

"Oh, okay"

"Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead, but at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking," Luther told Diego.

"You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One."

"I am warning you."

"After everything he did to you?"