020

~Chapter twenty~

(Flashback)

'I have to admit, that son of a bitch is good

'I have to admit, that son of a bitch is good.'

A month after Amelia and Five started dating

"I'm so tired of being here," I groaned as I throw my shoe I just took off at the wall.

"Who isn't," Five replied.

"She is so frustrating," I complained throwing my hands in the air. "'Everything I do is for you dear'" I mocked the Handler. "'I just want what's best for you.' Bullshit!"

We just got back from an assignment that ended up lasting longer than usual. We went to go talk to the Handler about it like we were supposed to do. But she just went on and on about how it was fine and it was supposed to happen and of course she brought up it wanting the best for me like she does.

I've been here for so long to not know when she's bullshitting and I was getting tired of it. Tired of everything. I was tired of her, tired of the missions, tired of all the fighting and killing. 

I was never going to leave this place and I knew it.

"Fuck," I groaned as I opened my fridge to take out a water bottle.

"What?"

"I'm never getting out of here," I laughed. "I'm stuck here till I die."

"What do you mean?"

"Isn't it obvious. I'm stuck here. I can never leave." I snorted. "I'm her little puppet and will always be till I'm dead... That's one hell of a life."

Five stayed quiet for a minute looking at his hands. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. 

"I knew it was too good to be true when she walked in my hospital room. I knew I should have never agreed to her. She talked to me at the perfect time to, when I was going threw a shit load of emotions," I sighed. "I have to admit, that son of a bitch is good." 

"I want you to come with me," Five spoke up.

"What?'

"When I find the perfect equations to go back to my family," he started. "I want you to go with me."

"Five what are you talking about?"

"I've been trying to find the right equations to go back. But I don't want to leave you here."

"Sounds too good to be true."

"It's not trust me. I'm not leaving you here in this hell hole. But I have to go back and save them... So come with me."

"How do you know if it will even work?"

"I don't but were smart enough to figure it out."

"How long have you been trying?"

"Since I first got stuck in the apocalypse."

"I'm not going to make you change all your progress just so you can fit in another person," I shook my head. 

"What progress," he shrugged. "I won't leave you here Melia."

"Five you have something to go back to. I don't."

I watched as he furrowed his eyebrows and walked closer to me grabbing my hands. "You have me. And my family."

"Fiv-"

"I'm not leaving you here."

"Your family doesn't even know me. I'm a stranger to them."

"Your not a stranger to me," he smiled. "They will love you."

"I don't know Five." I shook my head again as I looked down. I loved Five but I didn't want to make him restart every thing he worked so hard on just so he could bring me. I didn't want to be a burden to him nor his family.

"Trust me."

I sighed as I looked up in his eyes. I was head over heels for him, I trusted him with my life. "Okay," I smiled. "I'll go."

(An)

Just a short flashback chapter 

I really like making the flash back chapters. Even though there all over the place and not in order I feel like it adds back ground to Amelia and her and Five's relationship. I have a couple more in mind.