Chapter 2: In which a Mercenary Fails his Job but Gets a Friend

A/N:

(Please point out any spelling/grammar mistakes you see:D)

Purpled POV:

Purpled was told to find out information about Tommy Innit. He expected all he had to do was anger the boy so we would go on a rant. That way he would be able to figure out the important bits of information from whatever the boy said. What he didn't expect was for Tommy to be abnormally calm and then start using Purpled's secrets against him. Even some adults wouldn't have been able to pull off what Tommy had. Now, he was following the blonde, unable to comprehend how he had known all of that.

Then again did anyone really know much about Tommy? Come to think of it he'd say the blonde was pretty smart. The blonde pretends to be a child because that's what people expected him to be. They expected him to be loud and oblivious to the situation he was in. They also expected him to be a terrible liar. But in reality, he was living up to their expectation so they would underestimate him.

Purpled had followed Tommy to a hedge. The boy was still for a second and Purpled stiffened. The alien hybrid was scared for a second that the blonde had noticed him. Did Tommy know he was there? To his relief and confusion Tommy started climbing the hedge. Did Wilbur really expect Tommy to climb a hedge every time he went in and out of wherever they were hiding? Whatever the reason was Purpled just needed to find valuable information to give to Punz so he could get paid and then call it a day. Instead of being met with some sort of base, Purpled saw that the boy was lying under a tree. The tree was surrounded by a grassy meadow, rain pouring through the branches, landing on the blonde.

He's going to catch a cold. Purpled thought. Wait why did he think that? Why would he care if the boy caught a cold or not? It wasn't Purpled's business, he didn't even know the blonde for primesake!? So why should he care?

Tommy sighed then sat up. At this point it was clear that the younger wasn't at his brother's base.

"Staring is rude Y'know." Tommy stated.

Purpled didn't move.

"It appears you don't understand vague mysterious comments so let me put it straight for you. I know you are spying on me Purpled because I'm not a dumbass unlike you."

Purpled refuses let this God damn immature child walk all over him like this.

"Well mister i'M NoT A DuMbAsS you've pissed off a mercenary." Purpled said as he stepped out of the shadows. At this the blonde laughed.

"You have to admit it was funny though." Even though it was funny, Purpled wasn't going to admit it. Under no circumstance was he to befriend the enemy. He just needed to get the primes forsaken information of the boy.

"Tommy, I need information." Purpled said, attempting to catch the boy of guard or make him uncomfortable.

"And I need a break but I can't get one because Wilbur is a bitch. So, I guess we both can't get what we want."

Purpled sighed. Looks like he was going to have to do things the hard way. In one swift motion the alien hybrid had pulled out a throwing star and without hesitation, threw it at the blonde. To his surprise the boy caught it.

"I never knew you were a fan of catch Purpled." Tommy said, smirking at him.

"Stop attempting to look like a badass it's not working."

"What do you mean attempting?! I am a badass your just too much of a bitch to admit it.?" Tommy replied indignantly. The boy made the situation seem like they were discussing shit over tea.