Two: 1960

ELVIS FROZE. He stared at Caroline for a long moment, unable to fathom any words immediately.

"Dead?" He asked her. Caroline nodded, but he quickly shook his head. "No. . . No, that's impossible. Look at me! I'm twenty-five. Forty-five years ago— It's 1960!"

He came to the realization about his mother, and his shoulders slumped. She was gone. It had been 1958 when she died.

Caroline cleared her throat. "Do you know what a calendar is?"

Elvis stared at her in disbelief, and she shrugged defensively. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed the calendar from the wall before bringing it back to him.

"See? January seventeenth, 2023."

Elvis stared at the calendar, shaking his head. "If it's 2023, why am I not old? I'd be an old man—"
"Eighty-eight." She clarified. "That's what I'd like to know."

He clenched his jaw. "I gotta call him—"
He stopped as Caroline grabbed his arms. "Elvis, listen to me, okay? There's more you need to know."

"What is it?" He asked.

Caroline swallowed. "In 1977, when you died, your father died two years later."

It was the same pain he had felt when his mother died. A gut wrenching pain, a burst of pain that burned through his chest and his heart. Elvis's knees buckled, and he reached for the counter beside him. Caroline watched him with concern.

"Why can't I remember not one god damn thing?" Elvis asked.

Caroline swallowed. "There's more, Elvis. You were married, you married Priscilla. You divorced in the seventies, but you had a daughter with her."

Caroline walked towards the coffee table in the living-room and picked up a newspaper. Walking towards Elvis, she hesitantly held it out to him, offering the newspaper.

Elvis took the paper and looked at the headline.

LISA MARIE PRESLEY,
DAUGHTER OF ELVIS, DIES AT 54.

Elvis scoffed. "Ain't no way. No, to not remember my dad dyin'— but my own daughter?" He questioned.

"Everything I've told you is the truth. Look, I have one of your vinyls from 1977. Moody Blue."

He followed her towards the vinyl, watching her as she began going through each piece. She grabbed a blue sleeve and revealed the front.

ELVIS: MOODY BLUE
1977

"July 19th, 1977. Four weeks before you died."

Elvis set the vinyl down. "How? If I was dead, how am I here right now, forty-five years later? It don't make a lick of sense."

Caroline shook her head. "Trust me, I wish I knew. I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this. You're so young and handsome—"

She cut herself off and quickly looked away as his eyes focused on her. She pursed her lips, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What's your name?" Elvis asked her.

"Caroline Jones. But most people call me Callie." She explained.

He inhaled. "I'll take your word on all of this, Callie. And not just because there's vinyl proof of my existence."

"You can look into more, on my laptop, if you want."