Seven: Graceland

Honestly, this chapter was crazy and very emotional to write. But I've had this idea for a while and decided to to for it. Please leave your thoughts below the end of the chapter!

Also, I edited the photo above!

SITTING STILL in Callie's car, Elvis sat in the driver's seat, stiff as a board as he squinted his eyes behind his sunglasses. He was nervous.

"What if someone notices me?" Elvis asked. Callie, who sat in the passenger seat, glanced over at him as she put on her sunglasses.

"You know, you were very relaxed and cool in the seventies. You were a dom."

Elvis stared at her. "Yeah, well, I ain't thirty somethin' right now. I'm a freakin' teenager."

"You're twenty four."

"Whatever." Elvis said, on edge. Callie hit his arm.
"Will you relax? I brought you here because this was your home and your last resting place. This is the closest you'll ever be to your family again."

Her words caused Elvis to frown as he leaned back in the seat. Opening his door, he slid out of the car and slammed it shut.

Callie got out and walked at his side. "At least it's cold."

Elvis remained still as she walked towards him and stood before him. She tilted her chin up and stared up at him before raising her arms to pull a black beanie on his head. It covered most of his hair, but more specifically, his ears.

"There." She said. "Just remember, we can't touch anything in here."

Elvis stuffed his hands into his pockets. "It's my own house and I can't touch anything."

"It's not your home anymore. It belongs to your granddaughters."

They walked around with most of the crowds of people, which gave Elvis a better chance at blending in with his surroundings. At one point, he fell behind Callie and watched her lead the way. As she walked, he couldn't help but watch her. The way her hips swayed as she walked, her jeans snug in the waist and hips. They hugged her curves gloriously; and so did her matching blue sweater. She was beautiful.

Callie glanced back at him over her shoulder and she slowed her pace. "Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Fine. You?"
She bit her lip. "I've always wanted to come here."

Elvis hummed. "You should try livin' here."

She chuckled. "Sure. Hey, can I move in with you?"
His lips twitched, but he didn't laugh. Callie blushed embarrassedly as she rubbed her neck.

"Sorry, I was just trying to make you feel better."
The man grabbed her hand in his. "I know. You are. And I appreciate you bringing me back here."

Callie nodded, smiling lightly as Elvis looked ahead. He stared at the pillars outside of what was once his home; not only his safe haven, but the man's last resting place.

As they entered Graceland, the nostalgia hit him strong. Callie was observant of everything going on, but she was too overwhelmed with everything inside of the room.

His heart sank as he stared at the photos on the walls, of times he remembered and of times he didn't remember.

Callie stuffed her hands into her pockets as she approached one of the photos of Priscilla with Elvis and Lisa Marie. Her long hair perfectly straight and her makeup just as perfect as she is.

Elvis noticed her standing at the photo, her eyes focused on his ex wife.

"What's wrong?" Elvis asked.
She shook her head. "I've always been jealous of Priscilla. . . Look at her. She's a goddess, practically."