Feitan • Hunter X Hunter

I had SO MANY changes for this one

I had SO MANY changes for this one. I was so close to finishing it I believe back in April but scrapped the plot entirely... sorry for the wait @achlemyjeanss but here is one of your requests. I hope it's took your liking!

Posted - August 22nd 2023

•Unedited•

11728 words

Warnings!
Public Sex, Getting taken advantage of

•••••
Feitan
Hunter X Hunter
•••••
Enjoy!

I blink slowly when I open my mailbox. A singular rose lad in it with a simple tag attached to it with my name in beautiful cursive. Feitan shuffled behind me. We were going to head into my house for our annual after work drinking and he would most likely spend the night. I pulled it out and twirled it between my fingers while I inspected it closely. Feitan scowls slightly at it. This is not the first time he has seen me get gifts for various people that are trying to show a romantic gesture. I scrunch up my face.
"It's a bit creepy that they know where I live now.." I murmured. Feitan nodded.
"Disgusting vermin. Let's just get inside. Its hot." He grumbles when twisting his body to head inside. I watched him leave and pressed my lips into a thin line before frowning at the sight of his back. I looked back down at the rose in my hand and twirled it again. My biggest secret?

I'm in love with my best friend.

I grew up with Feitan in the same city and both of us decided to stick together through everything and moved. Now we are working comfortable and high paying jobs and live practically next to each other. Both of us take turns sleeping at each other's houses when we drink so that is exciting I guess but I want to do.. A little more with him. Be something to him that isn't a best friend.

I want a promotion damn it!

I sigh heavily and closed my eyes tightly with my brows scrunching in frustration before walking towards my house slowly. I took my time as I opened the door to my small apartment. I dont like having many things as they can cause clutter and I hate clutter. Feitan was setting down our drinks that we just bought for the store on our way home from work. He glanced over at me as I tossed the rose in the garbage.
"Do you even have a clue of who that is?" He asked as he walked pass me to get to the cupboard to grab a set of glasses. I shook my head as if he saw me.
"No." I verbally answered before puffing out a breath and took a glass from him that he handed over and we both got to the couch and sat down.
"If I couldn't run the business with just you and I, I'd fire everyone." He grumbles and I could only blush slightly and smile at what he considers loving words.
Did I happen to mention he became my boss? I laid back and put my preferred beverage into my glass and looked at the liquid in thought.
"Hey. Feitain?" I called out softly. He finished the drink quickly and simply hummed to let me know he was listening. I tapped my nail against the glass, considering what I would say.
"Do you plan on dating by chance?" I asked quietly and sneaked a glance at the male who had his lips pressed against the glass. He seemed to have paused but he then took a sip and settled his glass between his legs.
"Never really thought about it." He said and I could just feel my heart tug at the disappointed answer. Feitan glanced over with a questionable stare.
"Why? Are you considering dating someone?" He asked and almost didn't hear his question. I tapped my glass nervously before taking a swig.
"I don't know yet." I answered since I never thought about dating anyone else but Feitan. 'Maybe I should consider trying other suitors instead of someone who doesn't see me as more than a best friend.' The thought saddens me and Feitan doesn't seem to notice as he continues to drink. Whelp. I'm going to be a sad drunk tonight.