The Games Begin

On the return to the Sol System, Jay and his crewmembers talk to Alexander about what happened and why he was there to begin with, to which Al (as he claims to prefer) explains that they were just there for some general experiments, but that he was there because his now dead partner, was one of the scientists that was working there at the colony where they found Al hiding out.

Al proceeds to explain that there was something to do with crop enhancements and how to better grow said crops. "Very simple, very rudimentary." Al says. There is pretty much no other reason for them to even be there. They were mostly just farmers with advanced degrees, including his partner. In between his words, are nothing but grief. Fear. This confirms Jay in what he was feeling while there, and explains why he was both on edge and preoccupied to see that dastardly hill that totally snuck up on him.

Jay catches himself drifting off into the metaphorical space and realizes that he has been doing that more recently, and that is when it starts to bother him. Ever since he ran into that stranger and got that feeling he had felt. I wonder if that is going to become a thing. Jay wonders to himself. However, he just pushes that down for the time being as he and his shore party, along with Al, make their way from the ports of the Citadel.

It is once there at the lobby of the random dock, that there is a C-SEC officer waiting for them. The Officer is dressed in the standard C-SEC uniform that is normally under the armor that they wear in times of emergencies. The uniform is mostly well-fitted, almost looking too under tailored, which strikes Jay as odd, but he's never been a C-SEC officer so he doesn't think too much about it. The Officer has a certain air of him that practically screams highest education to Jay. Lost in this thought process of analyzing the Officer in front of him, Jay almost doesn't hear him when the Officer begins to speak to them.

"Captain Jay? I'm with C-SEC" The C-SEC Officer says, showing his credentials. "I will be needing to take the one that's named Al with me, for questioning and debriefing."

As he mentions his credentials and says that he is there to retrieve Al, he reaches towards Al and begins to usher him towards the C-SEC office just as he had said. He further instructs that the councilors are waiting for Jay

"Also, I have gotten word that the Councilors are waiting for you and your crew for your debriefing, Captain." He says while he takes Al with him. Al seems to have a confused and worried look written all over his face.

"Oh... well, uhm have a good meeting, and I hope to thank you later, Captain Jay." Al spoke with a broken voice that gave Jay a weird feeling; like he should stop them, but he doesn't for some reason.

Something feels sketchy about the C-SEC officer but he did show his credentials and was wearing the uniform. Jay tries to think to himself about the events that just transpired. Jay catches himself this time overthinking about the small details of this and that. However, after some more thinking followed by trailing off topic, Jay determines that it must just be something that is weird about how formal or how he didn't-

"Jay!" Aventus now yelling aloud uncharacteristically. "Are you still with us?"

"Yeah, ...let's go.... to the... Presidium." Jay says almost syllable by syllable, trying to remember his train of thought, but deems that it must not have been too important to remember.

With that all being said, Jay and his crew leave for their destination. When they get there, they learn then that that C-SEC officer was someone that didn't work there.

"HUH!? What do you mean, 'You don't know where Al is?' You just had a C-SEC sent to collect him and bring him for questioning." Jay says, and as he's about to utter more colorful words, it is then that Jay realized what it was that he forgot just moments ago, but now it just left him angry and slightly confused.