Real Life Isekai

Jay was slightly... okay, he was really confused. As far as Jay had a realized, humanity had an only discovered Mass Effect technology in the late 2140s not a moment sooner. However, what the files had already said it, and what the strange man that was kept in suspended animation for almost 200 years would later confirm, that is not the case. The fact of the matter is the strange man, Hayden, had already discovered long time ago, and found what would be known as the Compound. It was all mind boggling for Jay.

"What do you mean you discovered Mass Effect technology?" said Jay.

"What I'm telling you is that I saw an anomaly while I was looking for the legendary city of Atlantis, and when I went to investigate, I found the opening to the door to the what is called the compound." The Strange man said and continued without so much as breath. "The treasure trove that I found there and the technological advancements as well as the information based in science and maths was astounding to me. My analytical brain had a field day with it. I'm sorry I must be rambling at this point what is your name?" The stranger said.

"My name is Jay, captain of the decommissioned SSV Thermopylae. And as such I must ask you, what is your name and then whatever plans and intentions you might have now that you are awake in what is considered to you, the future." Jay said with authority.

"Of course, where is my manners? My name is Hayden Mavericks? Firstly, I'd been looking for the famous lost city of Atlantis. My friend and I were looking for it the moment that we could get started looking. After researching everything that this compound had in its archives were astounding, I was learning so many new things day in, day out. The mass effect technology was just the tip of the iceberg, and I learned well beyond the bottom of the iceberg as it were. The amount of knowledge and information that these Protheans had access to was beyond anything that we would have ever hope to achieve. At least, at the time that I found the place and then went into cryo." Hayden said with little to no breathing breaks.

Jay could tell that this man was like nothing that he'd ever seen. While Hayden had managed to say so many things in such a short time, he'd been using laymen terms for the most part. Later on, it would be stated that this man from another time, was able to absorb so much information and retain it in an encyclopedic memory, and that he was almost on par with many Salarians.

"By the way, we notice that you had a disease, so we gave you some medicine and you shouldn't have to worry about the sickness after a while." Jay said, trying to sound impress.

"Why thank you." Hayden said plainly, which threw Jay completely off. "I had been hoping for weeks... well, you know... that whenever I woke up, that we'd have a better handle these things. In my time, people with these diseases were pretty much given some time to sort their affair essentially."

"Ah well, you don't have to worry about your sickness anymore." Jay sighed with relief, but was interrupted.

"Do you have the rest of us in the other place, curing them of their sicknesses?" Hayden asked, but he was left with no answer for several moments, while he was hoping that they did hear them, and so he repeated himself. "Do you have the rest of us-"

"There isn't any one else.." Jay cut him off. "I'm sorry to say this to you, but only you and one other pod made it through the years, and according to the other pod's info, the other person left decades ago." 

"So the other people are still in stasis?" Hayden spoke with a noticeable tremble as he began to understand, or rather, wrap his head around the gravity. 

"No... because the power restraints put in effect about a month or so after your pod and the other pods were activated, you and the only other pod were prioritized and the power was unable to keep all of the pods alive through the years, because of damage that had occurred to it, the power supply, at the time. The files also tell of when the other pod opened, the person then used your pod's computer to make it to where your pod would take priority above all else. Clearly, they wanted to make sure that when we found you, that you'd be alive to experience the feeling of losing those in the other pods."