lust

"I don't even wanna fuck I just like you"

EDDIES POV

There she is again with that asshat Andy, with his asshat friends from the basketball team and their asshat girlfriends. I don't think i'll ever understand what she sees in those soulless hounds or why she chose them over the perfectly good friendship she had with me and my guys. I like to blame it on the fact that I was held back again this year and she was embarrassed for me, but I know it's more than that, she's not that shallow. She would at least still talk to Jeff and Gareth if that were the case, but they haven't heard a word from her since the summer.

We used to hang out every day after the band had practice. She'd come watch and then afterwards we would smoke, listen to music, and tell each other the secrets that we would never normally admit out loud. She was our biggest supporter, our best friend, and frankly, I was so fucking in love with her that it nearly killed me when she stopped seeing us. I loved that she loved metal music. I loved the way her eyes lit up every time we played for her. I loved how caring she was and if any of us were to get hurt, she'd immediately play doctor. She was perfect until she left us for those jerk-offs without so much as a note.

Come to think of it, I don't even know why I came to this party in the first place. I don't like any of these people and there's not an ounce of weed in sight— which is usually a deal breaker. I guess I thought that I'd get to see her and maybe finally get some answers, but now that she's here with them, there's no shot i'm sticking around.

I stand from my secluded spot near the beginning of the forestry, making a beeline toward the hiking trail to get the fuck out of there without being seen. Yet, my own hurriedness forsakes me and I trip over a pile of fire wood, catching myself against a tree and making the loudest snapping sounds i've ever heard in my entire life. I don't even need to look behind me to know that everyone and their mothers are staring at me, wondering what the hell i'm doing here and why i'm stomping on the wood for their bonfire.

"Eddie?" that familiar feminine voice trickles into my mind and I curse under my breath, desperately trying to ignore the thumping in my chest. I've never had a girl make me so nervous and I fucking hate it.

"In the flesh," I grumble, turning around as I wipe my dirty hands on my jeans, watching as she steps toward me. Her eyes are full of worry, as if something terrible had happened to me, but all i did was trip over some goddamn logs.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her eyes tracking every spot on my body to the point where I have to look away from her. She doesn't know what she does to me. She never has. I've never thought of a girl as much as I think of her— in fact, I thought I didn't have a heart until I met her. It was just me and my weed before she stepped through the band room doors my junior year.

"I'm fine," I mumble, "go back to your moneybags." I gesture with my chin toward the herd of rich friends who linger by the fire pit, staring at us from a distance. She looks back at them before returning her gaze to me, her eyes now layered with guilt.

"Eddie, don't do that," She whispers and I have to fight to keep all of my resolve from washing away with the breeze at her soft voice.

"Do what, Y/N?" My voice erupts angrily and she retracts, "you're the one who hasn't made so much as fucking eye contact since July. You're the one dicking around with that asshole and his posse." I can feel my chest rising faster as I grow angrier, everything that i've ever wanted to say spilling off my tongue before I can stop it. Her expression floods with shock, her eyes offended and her arms crossing over her chest.

"Are you high?" She asks, her eyes scrutinizing the smallest details about me, checking for signs of inebriation. I roll my eyes with a scoff, seeing her friends snickering behind her.