chapter one

Today was the day that Moira Sanchez - sorry, Moira Sanchez Solace if her mother were near - would be confirmed to be the Candor that she was born

Today was the day that Moira Sanchez - sorry, Moira Sanchez Solace if her mother were near - would be confirmed to be the Candor that she was born. Today was the day that her life would truly begin. She would no longer be considered a child anymore, by her society at least.

If there were anything that she despised, it would be the world, or the city of Chicago, viewing her as a child. She hated being treated as less than. And that's how everyone treated children. Everyone except maybe the Amity. One thing Moira, however, did love was how she valued herself on being able to navigate from every perspective. It was the only thing that got her through life. That, and her cigarettes. Not only that, she never let her feelings get in the way, or so she thought. She wasn't outspoken with her words, only rather her actions, but boldly shared her life story to every person within the first five minutes of meeting them.

Ever since she was a child, Moira overshared. It was what her friends called her out for. Every parent in the Candor faction thought she was the perfect child, and she was in the sense. There was just the biting bit that she felt in the back of her mind. Maybe it was called regret? Or was it embarrassment? But she knew that she would rather overshare than to keep herself a secret. That would only add a burden and stress that she didn't need.

And she would definitely rather over share her truth than lie. She absolutely despised lying and most importantly, being lied to. She damn near grew calloused when she was fibbed to, she had arguments in her head only thinking of how she'd react if she caught someone in a lie. Her first boyfriend, Peter, told her when he kissed another girl, and she preferred that over wondering if he'd thought of kissing another person. She was Candor to a T, especially with her cigarettes. And that's all she wanted to be.

She wanted to be a lawyer. That was the plan. Choosing Day, she'd choose Candor, and come back home to have her mom's celebratory stew. There'd be her favourite ice cream for dessert, and she would begin studying to be a lawyer. Just like her father.

Her father was a Candor, and so was her mother. Born and raised. Her older sister chose to stay as well. She had no fear in the idea of choosing to stay in Candor. All she had to do was tell the truth.

The only thing she worried about was her wonder. What would it be like to make a bold decision and step outside of her box? Could she make a dent in her own plan? The truth to herself was a bit scary.