Chapter 8

*Paul's POV*

I brought the medium sized bowl out into the living room. I put it on the coffee table and settled on the sofa next to Anna.

"'ave ya ever seen this movie at 'ome?" She shook her head and looked up at me.

"No. Is it good?" The opening credits rolled onto the screen and the music started playing.

"Yes. If you like musicals, then you'll like this movie."

I'm singin' in the rain

What a glorious feelin'  

Anna hummed along to the opening number.

"'Ey I thought ya never saw this movie?" I playfully teased her. She laughed.

"I haven't, but I sang this song for chorus in like the fourth grade." Anna laid her head into my shoulders. I felt blush creep up my neck and onto my cheeks, I was glad Anna couldn't see. I wrapped my arm the best I could around Anna's shoulders and we sat like that for the rest of the movie.

***

I woke up on the couch to find that Anna was gone. I sat up and noticed the telly was turned off. I poked my head in the kitchen and saw the popcorn bowl in the sink but no Anna. I began to panic and ran up the stairs into my room. Curled up in a ball on my bed was Anna reading a book.

"Hey." She said sitting up. I felt my heart pounding against my chest.

"I didn't see ya! I thought ya left!" I blurted out. I didn't know why I was so upset.

" I wouldn't leave you, Paul. I just thought you needed some rest so I went upstairs. I didn't want to bother you." Anna slid off the bed and walked over to me. She looked up into my eyes before wrapping her arms around my torso for an embrace. I enveloped her with my arms. "You're not mad at me, are you?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm sorry, I don't...I don't know what came over me."

We stayed in our embrace for what felt like an eternity. When we pulled away she looked up at me. Her big, blue eyes held many emotions but there was one that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

No, love. I could never stay upset with you." The emotions swimming about in her eyes were no longer there. "'ow's 'bout we go out for dinner tonight?"

"Really? Where?" Anna's eyes lite up with the mention of food making me laugh myself.

"Anywhere you like." Anna shot me a playful smirk.

"Well, then you should show me around first."

A/N:

I'm sorry this took me longer than expected to post, but I started the chapter later in the week. 108 reads, one word: wow. Thank you all for being patient and waiting for the posts, Till next time.

Teaser:

There is no teaser. The next three chapters are fillers...