Chapter 13

*PAUL'S POV*
I stared at Anna as she came down to the lobby with Cynthia. Her vintage, blush pink dress bouncing with each step. She looked absolutely beautiful. I could feel my eyes widen and my heart rate pick up. My mouth opened and shut repeatedly making her giggle.
"W...wow. Anna ya look..." She smiled shyly and wrapped her hands around my arm.
"Yes?"
"Beautiful," I breathed.

***

Anna sat quietly next to me in the car in the way to the restaurant. Everytime the car hit a pothole she would bump into me.

"Keep me close when we're going inside." Anna whispered in my ear. I nodded at her and gave her a reassuring smile.
"I sure will, love." She blushed and looked down at her folded hands.
"We're here, lads!" Brian called from the passenger seat. We all climbed out of the car and pushed through the crowd of fans and reporters dying to let answers from us.
"Mr. McCartney! Is that your girlfriend?" A reporter stuck a microphone in our face.
"Uh," Another reporter interrupted me before I could answer.
"Who is this mystery girl? Has she been with you before?" Anna pulled herself closer to me, pulling ourselves closer to the restaurant's doors.
"Hey! Paulie!" A fan called to us. "She can't possibly be your girlfriend, she isn't pretty enough!" That comment hit me hard.
"That's not your desicion to make. I love her just the way she is, in her own beautiful way." Then I rushed us into the restaurant after George and Ringo.

***

"Can I start you off with any drinks?" Our waiter, a young lady, asked. Brian started.
"I'll 'ave some coffee." He then opened his menu.
"Some tea please?" Ringo also opened the menu he was sharing with George.
"Just some water."
"Me too." Anna said shyly. She watched as the waitress looked at me admiringly, waiting for me to order.
"I'd like a Coke please." I said opening a menu.
"I'll take one a well." Cynthia said. When the waitress left, a small chatter sounded from the table. I looked around the restaurant. The window had white, shear curtains and fairy lights strung around them. The table was covered in a white, satin cloth and topped with white dishes and glistening silverware.
"So you boys will be playing your first show tonight. After dinner, we'll head back to the hotel for the instruments, then straight to the stadium." We all nodded go Brian.
"Are you going to finish your salad, Cynthia?" George asked over his almost empty plate. Both Anna and Cynthia giggled.
"Yes, George, I am." He frowned.
"Here, son. You can 'have me chips, I'm full." Ringo slid some chips over along with John.
"Are you guys interested in havin' dessert tonight?" Our waitress asked. George nodded vigorously.
"Can I have a hot fudge sundae with vanilla and chocolate scoops?" The waitress wrote his order down.
"Can we share a German chocolate cake please?" I asked. John ordered the same to share with Cynthia while Ringo got a milkshake. Brian told us he'd wait for us in the waiting car.

***

We made our way through the crowd to the stretched car. As we were on our way home, Anna was strangely quieter than usual. I nudged her gently with my elbow.
"Anna, are ya okay?" She looked up at me and smiled.
"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I grabbed her hand and traced little shapes in her palm with my thumb.
"Just wanted ta make sure." I whispered.
"Listen up, lads. We're goin' to the hotel to pick up the instruments and drop the girls off. Then we're 'eaded straight to the stadium, got it?" The lot of us nodded in unison and went back to what ever we were doing. Once the car made it back to the hotel, Cyn and Anna made their way to their room while the rest of us grabbed our instruments for the concert. I was the last of the lads to leave the room, just as I was about to leave, I set my case down and rushed to Anna's room and knocked on the door.

"Anna?"
"Yes?" She she said, opening the door, still wearing her beautiful dress.
"I, uh, I just wanted to...." She smiled shyly before leaning in and kissing my cheek. She gave me a small wave before shutting the door. I felt a blush creep up my neck as I let my fingers rush up and brush to the spot where Anna kissed me.
"'Ey! Paul! Come 'ead we 'ave to go!" I rushed back into the living room, grabbed my case and ran to the car. I slid into the seat next to Ringo and placed my bass at my feet. I shut my door and looked out the window when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to find a grinning Ringo.
"What?"
"Did Anna give ya a 'good luck' kiss?" I felt the blush heat up my face again.
"Erm, yeah, somethin' like that."