A "Day" Off

~Waterpark~

With everyone including Dante and the crew meeting up at the at the waterpark, Tohka and Yoshino were already in the water playing and Shido was on his date with Kotori, Nero and the others left to do their own things leaving Dante, Ryuki and Vergil.

Dante: While I'm thankful for a day off, this kind of thing ain't my cup of tea.

Ryuki stood quiet, which did not go unnoticed by his father.

Vergil: You're quiet today, tell me, what's bothering you?

Ryuki: I- I promise you father, it's nothing alright.

Vergil: Son, I was once in your predicament of self trouble, only that I had no one to ever relay my own thoughts to. I ask that you put enough trust to tell me.

Ryuki: Fine...

Sitting down, Ryuki kept his eyes on Tohka and Yoshina and began retelling his reoccurrences of the nightmares. Hearing that Ryuki was a potential threat to himself due to him refusing his demonic half, Vergil tried asking something.

Vergil: So you fought against Urizen, my demonic half?

Ryuki: It appeared so and somehow fused with mine, I don't know how to fully explain it but it felt.. Real, as if I've been doubting my humanity but also can't reason with rejecting my demonic half.

Dante: Kid, Things like that will forever be a difficult obstacle for us demons. But sometimes you have to embrace the things you hate and make it into something that will be helpful in your life, kinda like me when I was young.

Ryuki: You rejected yours?

Dante: I was a cocky kid who didn't know better, and it took Vergil stabbing the Rebellion into me giving me a reality check. Then there on out, I fought many badass demons and baddies with my own strength.

Ryuki: I- *Thinking about what Dante and Vergil have both explained to him, he smiled to himself* You're right. Guess  I been doubting myself for nothin.

Dante: No, you're just now experiencing the true potential you have as a demon.

Vergil: Agreed.

The Sparda trio were talking about life when Ryuki was then dragged by Tohka into the water with Dante and Vergil laughing at their antics.

Dante: Heh.. Almost seems like I'm looking at a younger you Vergil.

Vergil: *Sigh* I can see why we never got along when we were younger.

Dante: Because you chased after dad's power letting your pride cloud your judgement and free will?

Vergil: *Grumbles* Besides that.... It's one thing that we grew up apart after the deaths of mother and father, but it's another for how we ended up now.

~Out in the water~

Tohka splashed Ryuki multiple times with a smile on her face. Ryuki blocked his face with his arms before retaliating with splashing her back.

Ryuki: Alright then, we'll fight water with water!

Time passed as everyone was enjoying their time at the waterpark, laughter was heard and smiles were seen on everyone's face. And to Ryuki's word, Shido's date with Kotori was going good but a bit harsh. Riding the Jungle cruise, Ryuki was leaning on the wooden pillars with his arms crossed, listening to Tohka.

Tohka:  It would be more fun Shido and Kotori though. how come their not here with us?

Yoshino: No.. We can't do that.