Lily Luna Chapter 1- Godric's Hollow

Chapter 1- Godric's Hollow

It was mid-December; Hogwarts was now on their Christmas holiday. Harry was going to take us to visit his parents' home in Godric's Hollow so we could see how we liked it before moving in. We travelled by floo powder to the house from our temporary muggle home. The fireplace had not been used for a long time but Dad reassured us that he had used it only a few weeks ago to check out the place.

 It all went according to plan the house was left in the same state as it was when dad was a child apart from a few paths had been cleared through the jumble of furniture. A thick layer of dust covered every surface and a number of weeds were entwined around the rotting furniture. It must have been upsetting for dad but he, mum, Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione were going to clear it up so we could live here.

The house still had a homely feel and the fresh snow was falling through the hole in the roof. This lead directly onto the spot where Lily and James Potter were killed by the darkest wizard of all time. A chill ran down my back as I looked up into the snowy sky. Harry must have been having many thoughts of his past too. He said all he remembers is green lights and screams. I didn't want to object but surely he knew more, but  to be honest he was only 1.

 Mum looked intently at dad and signalled to show she was leaving. She took us out into the snowy street so dad could have a moment to himself. The snow was beautiful and the whole village was picturesque and reminded me of a Christmas card. The streets were lit up by the warm glow of the street lamps. It was a fortnight before Christmas but hardly any decorations had been but up. 

Living near Mr and Mrs Weasley in a muggle village was fun but having a house with family history meant more to be and would bring us closer as a family. Mum left us and found dad before letting the whole family wonder the streets past the church. We went into the graveyard through a small iron gate and dad showed us his parent's grave stone. He produced a reef of flowers and ivy with a swish of his wand and a mutter of 'ORCHIDEOUS' to put in memory of his parents. The graveyard was dark and the snow gave the place a haunted feeling even though a cheery carol service was going on in the church.

We needed to get back home for the night so we walked out of the graveyard and shut the gate behind us. Leaving the darkness of death behind. We wandered the streets back to the house holding hands stretching out across the road. When back at the house we flooed home, leaving the village behind.

 We would be near both the Burrow and Ron and Hermione's home. But I was ready. I was ready to move from my family now. I have had enough of spending everyday with them for the past 10 years and living in the nearby muggle town was making me feel restricted even though i couldn't do any magic i was forbidden to show any signs of wizardry. It was fine to visit family from time to time but every day was... well. I didn't mind living with close family but when your family is big like the Weasley it was like you were one of 100. Actually I was about one of 32 but there was more who I hadn't met and surely more to come.

VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE!