Chapter 4

"Hey, we are just boarding our plane, Sofia is super excited to see you." Arizona smiled as she read the text from Callie.

"I'm super excited to see her too." Arizona replied. "Have a safe flight." She added.

"Hey, what you smiling so big about?" April Kepner said coming over to the table where Arizona was having her lunch and sat down opposite her.

"Callie and Sofia have just boarded their plane, they are coming over for the weekend, I'm going to take Sofia out and get her some school items before she starts back next week." She said excitedly and April smiled, she hadn't seen this side of Arizona in so long. She missed it.

"I'm happy for you, is it just a last minute thing?" April asked "You haven't mentioned it have you?"

"No. No, I knew they were coming, but I didn't want to get my hopes up in case something came up, you never know when you are pulled into an emergency surgery, or in case Callie has some problems on her side, but now I know they are on the plane, I am excited, I'm really looking forward to seeing Sofia."

"That makes sense, Callie's been awfully helpful, isn't she? What changed?" April said with just a slight bite to her tone. She had made no secret of her anger towards Callie after what she had put her friend through and Arizona loved her for it, she had stood by Arizona the whole year through her good days and bad days, she was a good friend.

"We had a chat when she picked Sofia up a few weeks ago." She started and April's eyes widened. "You didn't tell me about that either? You talked?"

"Yeah and it was good actually, she was right we needed to have a conversation, for Sofia's sake." Arizona shrugged as she took a bite of her salad. "I was having a bad day, my leg was sore and Sofia had been acting up and she tried to talk but I asked her to leave, I didn't want to talk to her, but then Callie returned after dropping Sofia at Meredith's, she wanted to know if I was okay and that we needed to talk and was saying she understood work got in the way and my emotions got the better of me and I just snapped, I showed her all the tickets and I told her all the times I tried to get on the plane."

"You told her?"

"Yeah, and you were right, she was understanding, she understood, and we talked some and she apologized and then she promised that she would help find a solution, said she would fly Sofia out if she needed too." Arizona said remembering how determined Callie looked. "She called the next day and offered to fly out this weekend so I could see her again before school started back and I could take her out shopping."

"I'm so happy for you Arizona, I'm glad you told her how you feel, she needed to know."

"I know, I just couldn't talk with her, I was so angry at her for taking Sofia to the other side of the country. I am still so angry with her April. I appreciate what she is doing now, but it still hurts so much." Arizona said with a shake of her head. "And then I feel guilty because as much as she hurt me, I hurt her too."

"Then you should tell her that." April said reaching over and giving Arizona's hand a squeeze.

"I know but I don't want to keep rehashing all the bad between us, we have to move forward somehow. I think we need to learn to be friends again, Sofia deserves that, I mean she is trying to find a way to help me now isn't she?."

"Yeah but she put you in this situation to begin with so she should help." April said, with the same bite to her tone as earlier and when Arizona raised her eyebrows at her April cringed. "Sorry... You're right, she is helping and that is a good step but you should let her help, and sometimes Arizona, moving forward means rehashing all the bad stuff, you both went through a lot together, you have a lot of memories some good and some bad like you said, maybe having that conversation properly and addressing all the hurt can help you move forward." April finished and Arizona shrugged. "Maybe." She said quietly. "Anyway, for this weekend I am going to enjoy my time with Sofia and that is all" She said returning the smile to her face.