Chapter 16

I'd also like to thank you guys so much for your support and magnificent comments! They make my day every time I read them! As always, I don't own Will or Robot.

Chapter 16

The three of them walked in silence. It wasn't the comfortable silence she'd grown used to between these two. This silence hung heavy in the air, held with many things she didn't understand, or wish to ask to explain. The robot walked ahead of Will Robinson. It's body language looked tense, and even a bit irritated, but mostly upset. Will Robinson looked down, not making eye contact with either of them. "I have a way to get the creature out of my creator's vessel." she said, trying to perhaps cheer the gloomy silence. "That's great, Starpelt." Will Robinson said, flashing her a small smile.

After that it was silence again. "What is your problem?" she asked him in a concealed voice. He gave a sigh. "I really don't wanna talk about it." he said, walking ahead of her. Starpelt cocked her head in confusion, but after a moment she realized they were not mad at her. They were unhappy with each other. The robot was unhappy with Will Robinson. That surprised her with how gentle it seemed to be towards him. "What do I care?" she thought. But she couldn't forget how the robot had saved her life. When it had punctured the ceiling, Starpelt had thought with certainty that it would've left her for Will Robinson.

But it didn't. It seemed to have put Will Robinson aside for her own safety temporarily. By rescuing her, it put Will Robinson's life in grave danger. The life it seemed every day to assure her it would protect. She knew she should be more furious with it for foolishly choosing her life over that of it's directive. But for some reason, she couldn't find much rage that usually accompanied the robot's actions. As powerful as she was, even she knew when it was a loosing battle. She owed it her life. She gave a sigh as they made their way back to their vessel.

When they got there, the robot didn't even look to either of them. Instead, it turned and went off alone into the surroundings. She looked intently to Will Robinson. "Are you not going to follow it?" she asked. Will Robinson was quiet. "No. If he needs to be alone, I'll let him be alone." Starpelt's ear flaps lowered. She didn't like when they were unhappy with each other. She didn't like seeing Will Robinson sad. He sat down on one of the boxes they had out, and ran his hands over the weapon he'd used to defend himself against the creature. She came closer. "Is that why you are unhappy with each other? Because you defended yourself without it?" He gave an irritated sigh. "No! It's because I reminded him of his creators, ok?!"

Starpelt was silent, taken aback by Will Robinson's snap. "I'm also using the weapon they used to torture him and Scarecrow! So, yes! I know why he's mad! You can stop asking!" He gave a shaky sigh, and dropped the weapon. She saddened. "I'm so stupid." he said softly. She tilted her head. Who was Scarecrow? She pushed it to the side. "I...do not think it is just you. It...it saved my life, but seemed to forget yours. I think it...blames itself." She said, not believing what she was saying. Will Robinson looked to her. "He saved you?" he breathed. "Yes." she replied, bowing her head. "I am not saying it has a heart, but...it does seem to be capable of showing basic emotions. It probably gets that from you." she added quickly. She didn't want him getting the wrong idea.

Will Robinson looked down. "He shows more emotions than you know." They were silent. "Do you have arguments often?" she asked quietly. That was a stupid question. Seeing how devastated Will Robinson was showed this might even be their first. "Not like this." he replied. "Jeez, I must've really hurt him! I never really thought I'd need to use it! It was just a safety precaution!" he exclaimed. He put his head in his hands with a groan. Starpelt paused, before wrapping a wing around him. He lifted his head slightly, and Starpelt approached herself to him. He leaned against her with a sigh."I'm supposed to be helping him cope with his past, not making it worse."