3

'Punishment' 

Oh had she heard that word many times in the relationship. 

The punishments he would give were unpredictable, sometimes a few harsh slaps, maybe a punch or maybe he would pull her hair and burn her arm. 

However last night, his mood was different.

"Please, Josh. You don't have too, it was just.. dinner" She pleaded hoping he would infact give her mercy, but that wasn't the case.

He began with pulling her hair as he told her how unhappy she made him, followed by forcing her to wear a dog collar as he yanked her around.

She proceeded to yell  at him, asking if he was so unhappy why was he still in her home, his response.... two harsh kicks to her legs. 

She used every ounce of energy to protect her unborn daughter as he turned her soft warm skin cold and blue.

Her eyes filled with sadness but she allowed him to finish his punishment, the quicker it was over the quicker she could settle, cradle her stomach and whisper to her unborn child. In hope everything would be okay.

His beatings before hadn't been this extreme, he never tended to punch her face nor kick her face.                                                                                                                                                                                             

 Once he had finally passed out drunk she crawled to the sofa, she managed to pull herself up and snuggle in with the small blanket that had been left on the floor.

She could only lay there and hope the heart she was meant to be protecting was still beating. She set an alarm for 7am on her phone, so she could lay on the old cushion he left by the back door before he awoke for work. 

Her plan of course worked, she made sure she was laying there when he awoke, he simply walked past her and grabbed his bag before leaving for work.

She allowed all of the things she needed and was meant to do slip from her mind as she fell asleep finally.

Derek however sat with Mark at the offices awaiting her arrival, she was now indeed half an hour later to the arranged meeting.

"Where is she. Meredith is never late. Her punctuality is one thing i love about her"Miranda sighed sitting back in her chair.

"I will go and check on her, she must be unwell. Especially if she is this late"Mark pushed back in his seat signalling Derek to do the same. 

"You look worried, should I be?"Derek questioned his closest friend wanting only one thing. An honest answer. 

"The anger in his eyes last night, the fear in hers. We never see him. She never comes out. I just need to be sure"Mark spoke rushed. "She is Lexie's little sister. I have to make sure she is okay" Mark added.

"We will go together, she is something special isn't she" Derek looked down as a flush of red tinted his cheeks.

Mark simply nodded with a small laugh, they had travelled together in Mark's Jag. 

The drive was short, ten minutes to be exact.  The house was beautiful. You could see she kept what you could see all neat and tidy.