10

The reactions had been more than they could have ever wanted, they were even starting to believe their own story having receited it so many times.

After announcing their news they took their planned shopping trip. 

 Derek's heart seemed to warm as her eyes lit up and the various baby items.

"You have to go inside to see what they really have beautiful"He spoke his arm wrapped comfortably around her waist. They had been inside one shop and bought two little outfits, one was white with an elephant print and the other pink with bunnies. 

"Derek..i shouldn't go in there not this store"She looked up at him as a frown washed over his face.

"Why not"He asked, watching as her eyes drifted to the price tag on the display. He rolled his eyes. "Money is no issue here Mer. Please. I see your eyes on that"He pointed to the item in the window "Not that colour but you get me."

Meredith stood in thought for a few moments, contemplating whether to go into the store. 

"Its not the money i am worried about, i have money, i have savings i am just....if i spend what i have and you decide you don't want me anymore i have nothing to fall back on"Her words fumbled from hrer mouth as nerves rushed her veins.

Derek placed both hands to her shoulders squeezing them both gently.

"I won't do that, i won't. I am here for you, for our baby, for our life"  There was no 'lies'. They had created a truth. Their truth. It was how they would live from now. 

They would believe it, it was the way of life for them now. 

Although he hadn't been the one to make her pregnant it was his baby, she would grow to be a Shepherd, grow to call him daddy, grow to call his sisters auntie, grow to call his parents granny and gramp. She would grow to be his little girl, she would grow to have siblings that wouldn't be treated any different. 

"Okay, okay"She smiled walking out of his arms and to the pastel yellow door of the large high end shop.

Her legs taking her to area of pink, her eyes seemed to widen, a smile spread accross her entire face.

"A smile looks sexy on you"Derek whispered into her ear. A word he was scared to use, but looking at her smiling he couldn't help it.  Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red as a giggle escaped her lips. "You look so fucking beautiful." 

"Thank you, This is gorgeous isn't it"She pointed to the pink travel system.  The sign reading $300. It was an Ickle bubba stomp v3 black all in one travel system.  Derek walked over with a huge silver cart for larger boxes. 

Meredith watched as Derek reached up for the large boxes, one was the frame, the other the flat back stroller , one contained the pink changing bag, the rain coat, spare traps and spare coveres and the other was a huge square box which contained the car seat part. Watching his muscles flex made her heart flutter.

Derek pushed around the large specially made trolley as Meredith looked at nursery furniture, her eyes fell on a beautiful nursery set, which he ordered when she wasn't looking anymore.

When they left the shop she was left with the greatest smile, even if Derek did have to pay for a delivery van for the buggy, the sleeping pod, the soft pink padded baby chair which played white noise, the soft rocking white chair for breastfeeding and soothing her and changing mat as well as the surprise nursery furniture set.

In their car they had four full bags of clothes, bottles, pacifiers, blankets, swaddles, mittens, nappies, a nappy caddy, a changing bag, hooded towels, soft towels, a play mat, a sit up cushions. Everything she needed and more. Meredith even bought herself some more maternity leggings and a surprise for Derek.

She had of course worried about how much they had spent but Derek reassured her constantly.

"The delivery will be tomorrow beautiful, Lexie wants a girly night and Mark wants to watch the game and drink beers"Derek stroked her leg as they pulled up to the local burger joint.

"I was planning on staying with Lexie tonight if that is okay with you, give you a night with Mark before we are blessed with our baby."She stroked her growing stomach.

"You are precious, you know that. Now I know you are hungry. So well cooked beef burger, with extra cheese and salami, salty fries and a milkshake."Meredith grabbed his hand and stroked the back with her thumb, his skin was rougher than hers, slightly darker. 

"Thank you, for being there for me, being by my side, Saving me. I appreciate you"She leant over and cupped his cheek, without warning she pressed her soft gentle lips to his. Derek not expecting it released a small groan feeling her hands upon his skin.  

The kiss full of emotion and although they hadn't expressed it in words yet, love.

"That is why i got these"She pulled up the paper brown bag placing it upon her lap.

She pulled out a small pink item of clothing, a baby grow and handed it to him.

Derek unfolded it and read the words.

"I have the best daddy, I am a daddy's girl" He felt a small tear spring to his eye as she handed him a keyring.

"I know you wouldn't wear a pink shirt, so i got you this."She handed him the silver piece.

Reading it said.

"I am the daddy to a beautiful girl" 

The gesture was small but it warmed his heart, she always showed pure gratitude, together they would be amazing.