Trapped with Frustration

Kaveh was open to any new concept, he enjoyed travel and understanding new cultures. But out of any environment he'd choose to live in the desert would be his last option. To him, he believed it was as plain as it was mysterious, almost like that of frozen forests. But here everything can be lost, and most things are never found.
That includes people, so he intends to traverse carefully through the terrain alone. Of course, he had done this many times before, but that doesn't mean it never gave him anxiety. The journey was almost always painful and burning. Through the days he examined abandoned temples and drew out designs and old architect that was left behind so many years ago. Each is layered with hard rocks of sand, buried and scarred by passing sandstorms over the years. It was best to record such things now, for they may be lost in the next few decades.With a pack strapped to his back, he discovered an old ruined temple, it appeared prominent considering how long it could've been standing here. Kaveh began to make his way inside, walls aligned with patterns. Some were even dyed with red or white paint. It nearly reminded Kaveh of a neo-classical type of architecture, it was often styled for official places such as capitals. But he wasn't searching for something like that. After jotting down notes, he could've sworn there were echoed footsteps coming from down the temple in another hallway. Hesitantly, he made his way around the corner. A figure cloaked in black stood in the corridor unmoving,

"Hello?"

There was no need to shout, as the walls could push his voice down for miles. Almost immediately the figure turned in the other direction to escape. The person would not dare turn themselves to face whoever he was, it was clear that they did not want to be seen. Kaveh let his curiosity get the best of him when he found himself running in the same direction. He sharply turned a corner, he was met with a strong figure. That of silver hair and cold frosty eyes. His whole body had accidentally rammed into him, but Alhaitham stayed unmoving as Kaveh took a few steps back to feel his forehead.

"And what is it you're running from now? More debt? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised."

He mocked with a neutral expression, but he sounded just as sarcastic. Kaveh collected himself and placed his hands on his waist looking stubborn, his brows furrowed as if he was just interrupted.

"Har har, hilarious. What are you doing here anyway? You realize that if you would've told me you were coming to Sumeru Desert we could've split the cost."

Kaveh exclaimed with mild irritation.

"I can assure you, a trip with the both of us would've taken days longer if I hadn't come alone. You appear to be doing well, I came out here to study some runes I found in the library. Most are in Koine, each door in this temple has a specific set of them."

Alhaitham's eyes traveled back toward the door he was examining, getting lost in his own study after a conversation. Typical, but Kaveh couldn't help but follow his gaze to the runes as well. The lettering was particular. Each door was designed not only to compare sentences but also in color. This one was red,

"I presume you've come out here to study architecture, isn't that right? You do a lot for just one facile job."

Kaveh felt offense to that, his head turned back to Alhaitham who was still engrossed in the runes.

"It is not facile! You don't discern one thing about architecture, it takes precision and concise mapping just to get it right. Not only that but it's my job to please the contractor. I wouldn't listen to a man like you anyway, who all he does is read."

Alhaitham turned to Kaveh with his arms folded, tightly at that. His muscles strained and he leaned forward without much of a setback. Being criticized was not something he found enjoyable, especially if it was coming from Kaveh.

"Read? You realize it is a lot more than just that, if it weren't for me you wouldn't know a thing about architecture."

Alhaitham spoke, sounding as if he were scolding a child throwing a fit. Kaveh opened his mouth to talk back.

"Don't be crass, but now that we're on the subject have you taken a look at your home? The color and design are hideous! I don't know how you stand to live in that place,"

"Is this another way you gain contractors? Insult them then force them to feel guilty until they assign you a job? How lamentable are you, this is the reason why I chose to come here alone. Although now I realize that either way, in spite of that I still have to bite the biscuit."

Before Kaveh could battle against Alhaitham over this ridiculous argument, the floor rumbled lightly. Just enough for them both to shut up and listen. Their gaze traveled along the walls until it stretched back to the red-stained door. It was gradually pushing open on its own, and Kaveh gave Alhaitham a questionable look. It was clear that neither one of them was causing this. Alhaitham took the lead to walk inside, and Kaveh avidly followed behind. Only when Alhiahtem heard him just move past the door did he turn and shout.

"Go back!"

But it was too late, the doors had already slammed shut behind them both. Alhaitham grumbled something under his breath while dragging his hand down his face irritatedly. Kaveh gave an apologetic look, but only after a second did it turn arrogantly. Alhaitham approached him with anger heating in his voice.

"Do you not know one thing about ancient ruins? You were supposed to stay behind in case something were to happen. Now we're both trapped in here."

Kaveh folded his arms, it annoyed him that he was being blamed for something he couldn't have controlled. Sure he's been to the Sumeru Desert plenty of times, but he never went as far as checking inside ancient ruins. He wasn't about risking his life just to study, unlike a certain someone.

"Unbeknownst to me, the door would close on its own! I can't read your mind, next time if there's something for you to say, then speak it out loud. Now then let's just hurry up and find a way out of here, I'm sure there's an exit. If there's not, I've got a week pack of food and water in here."

Kaveh gestured to the pack strapped on him, carrying it wasn't fun and it was taking a toll on his back. He felt too insecure leaving it outside the ruins, even though it likely wouldn't have been stolen by any wandering person. Alhaitham wanted to roll his eyes, but he forced down the urge and carried on.