Chapter 2

BEEP- BEEP- BEEP.The sound of beeping was flowing through my head. I opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock. 6:30AM. Time to get up and get ready for school. At 6:30 almost none of the girls were up. I ran to the showers on my tip toes, trying not to wake them up. After taking a shower, I dried my hair and put on my uniform. I looked at the time. 7:00. Now I heard the chatter of teenage girls coming from all the rooms. Since I had enough time before classes, I was going to go to the library and check-out some books. I saw a couple of nerdy looking people outside of the library. One of them had the zipper to there pants down. As I walked past the nerds, I giggled and opened the door. The library was huge! There was books beyond the eye could see. It was amazing. I noticed some of the teacher's assistants sitting behind the counter and I walked up to him. He looked at me and sat up in his chair.

"Hi. Um, where can I find the section on non-fiction?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a smirk on his face, "On the left side of the library and there should be a sign that says non-fiction," he pointed to the left section of the library.

I nodded my head, "Thank you very much."

He nodded and went back to slouching in his chair. I walked over to the non-fiction section and saw a long row of book. I saw some very interesting books. I looked at my watch quickly and saw it was 8:00 already. I spent a lot of time looking at books so I decided to go to a vending machine to get breakfast. There was an energy drink and I got that for $1.25. I chugged it down and then went to the girl's bathroom to get my hair straightened up before the bell rang for first period. I found my way to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I always thought of myself as some sort of Asian freak, but other people thought I was beautiful. Then I heard the bell ring. I ran out of the bathroom and ran to the dorm to go my bag and I ran into Jimmy. He was leaving campus.

"Jimmy!" I called after him.

He turned around and waved, "Oh hey, Connor. I-I was just going to... the...-"

"Save it," I told him and went off campus with him.

"Why are you leaving campus with me?" He asked, surprised by my rebellious side.

"I dunno. I just want to spend a day getting to know the real Jimmy Hopkins," I said, grasping his hand.

"What do ya mean the real Jimmy? I am the real Jimmy!" He said.

"Oh come on," I said, "So you are sayin' that the real Jimmy bullies little kids and back talks the teachers?"

He nodded, "Yup. I always have been a troublemaker."

I sighed and walked down the streets with Jimmy, still holding his hand tightly. Me and him became close. We walked down to the park and we sat on the benches together. We talked about why we were at Bullworth and how long we were staying. I was only staying a year, he on the other hand, said about 3 years. I rested my head on his lap and I looked up at him. I smiled at him and he smiled back. The real Jimmy was nice and kind to others. Just like he was acting now. I liked the real Jimmy. We sat on the benches for an hour talking, then we headed to a restaurant for lunch. it was called 'The Habit'. It was one of the best burger joints in town. We headed inside and sat at a table. Jimmy ordered a milkshake for me and him. The waitress brought back the milkshake with two straws in it. I giggled at the sight of the milkshake. It was like those teen romance movies where the kids drank the same milkshake out of the straws. Jimmy looked at me giggling and he smiled. We both took a sip of the milkshake  and I smiled.

"You sure love to smile a lot," said Jimmy.

I blushed, "Only when I'm around you..."

His face became red and I smiled bigger. I loved him. I admit that I loved Jimmy Hopkins. 

After lunch, we decided to go back to the school campus. When we arrived at the school, we went to the football field and sat on the bleachers to watch the football team practice. I sat close to Jimmy and I put my head on his shoulder. We sat there for a while but then I put my head up and turned towards him.

He looked at me, "Something wro-" 

I cut him off with a kiss on the lips. He awkwardly sat there for a while but then kissed me back. 

"Connor... why did you?" He asked, amazed by the kiss.

"Because Jimmy," I said, "I love you."

He hugged me, "I love you too, Connor."

I felt so happy the rest of the day, even though the coach caught us outside of class and sent us to the detention room the rest of the day. We sat in the detention room for a while until the teacher left the room. I got up from the desk and grabbed a piece of chalk. I wrote on the blackboard 'I'm a rebel'.

Jimmy laughed, "No you aren't."

I smiled and stuck my tongue out, "Yes I am, and I can prove it."

"Okay then sweet cheeks, prove it," said Jimmy, "Put a stink bomb in the biggest bully's locker. That bully so happens to be Russell. He is the stupidest person I know and will beat up anyone who messes with him, even a girl."

"Okay then, I will," I said, leaving the detention room before Jimmy and I were excused.

I made a stink bomb with the science kit I brought with me from home and Jimmy pointed me towards Russell's locker. I picked the lock and threw it in there, waiting for the bell to ring.

RIIIIIING! 

The bell rang and a hoard of students came out of their classrooms. I saw Russell and I hid in one of the empty lockers across from his. He walked up to his locker and smashed it open. He then yelled at the top of his lungs, disgusted by the scent of the stink bomb. I smiled and saw Russell go on a total rampage, hitting every boy he saw in his presence. I jumped out of the locker and ran towards Jimmy.

"Congrats," He said with a smile, "You're a rebel."

I jumped up and down, "I told you sooo Hopkins," I said and kissed his cheek. 

I smiled and told him that I was going to my dorm. We kissed and then  walked off heading towards the dorm. I went to my room and sat on my bed, thinking about all the fun times I have had here at Bullworth on my second day. I loved Jimmy and I wanted to stay will him forever. Bullworth was getting better every second I stayed there.