Chapter 3

Another day here at Bullworth. I was having so far a good time, until Mandy Wiles and her friends thrashed my room while I was gone. All my stuff was thrown around the room, there was writing on my wall in permanent ink, and my diary was stolen! All of my important secrets where in there. Even a few rude things about Mandy. I sighed and began to pick up the thrown things in my room. I don't know why they would do something like that. I never even talked to any of the girls at the school before! As I was re-making my bed, the intercom for the school came on. 

"Connor O'Niel, please come up to the office. You have a call," said Miss Danvers.

I sighed and put down my bed sheets and walked out of the girls dorm. Outside I ran into one of the 'Nerds' named Beatrice Trudeau. She was a very kind respectful person. I could tell by her personality. She looked at me and straightened her glasses.

"U-Uh...Hello?" She asked me, wondering why I was talking to her.

 "Hey, your name is Beatrice...right?" I asked.

She nodded her head slightly, "Yes, but just to let you know if you are going to ask for my lunch money, I don't have any."

"Oh! No no no no, I wasn't gonna take your lunch money. I just don't have any friends that are girls here and I was wondering if I could be friends with you. Well since you seem so nice!" I said, smiling.

Beatrice giggled and shook my hand, "Why of course you could be my friend, fellow student. I would just like to warn you that if you do want to hang out with us Nerds, you must have straight A's in all of your classes."

I shook my head, "No. I wasn't going to hand out with your Clique. I just wanted to have someone who I can talk to about stuff you know?"

She nodded, "Ah! Yes. Then we shall gossip away and have sleep overs in each others dorm rooms!"

I giggled, "Ok then. Well I have to head to the office. I have a call awaiting for me," I said, trying to sound as smart as possible.

Beatrice waved and walked off, heading to what looked like the library.  I went inside the school building and walked the stairs to the office. Miss Danvers looked at me and handed the phone to me. I picked it up and answered.

"Hello. This is Connor O'Neil speaking."

"Ahhh! Princess, it's good to hear from you! How much fun are you having at Bullworth?" It was my dad, he was a very supportive dad. 

I giggled, "Lots. I have a couple of friends. But I don't expect to have a lot only because it hasn't been a week yet."

My dad sighed, "Well here's the bad news. Your mother and I are going to take you out of Bullworth by Spring Break. We found a better school where it's all girls. So then you won't have to deal with all those boys."

I was in shock, "Leave?! NO! I can't! And also, Spring Break is in a few weeks! Dad, I can't leave!"

"Well honey, you know me and your mother make your decisions for you since you're a little kid. But I guess we could let you stay. If you keep your grades at straight A's."

My jaw dropped, "Straight A's?!" I sighed, "Fine. I'll do my best..." 

"That's my girl! Well I must get going, I have to go to a meeting. I'll talk to you soon sweetheart. Bye," said my dad. Then the call ended.

I put down the phone and walked out of the office. I walked back to the girl's dorm and closed the room to my door. I couldn't believe I was going to stay at Bullworth for only a couple of weeks. I wanted to stay so I could be with Jimmy but, I guess that wasn't going to happen. I stuffed my face into my pillow, telling myself it was all a dream. But it wasn't. I was leaving Bullworth and I had to deal with it. I didn't even care that Mandy took my diary anymore. She could have it. i bet people have called her slutty looking before so I guess she wouldn't mind. I heard the bell rind for afternoon classes but I didn't care. I hadn't seen Jimmy all day, but I bet he was in class so I just sat in my room. I grabbed a piece of paper from my bag and got a pencil. I began to draw a picture of Jimmy and I. I know it was kind of cheesy, but he was my first boyfriend. My first kiss. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I didn't want to leave Bullworth, so I decided that I wasn't going to. I needed to do all my work and show up for class everyday. Then I realized I skipped my afternoon classes.

"Starting tomorrow," I told myself.

I got up from my bed and decided that I should start a new journal. I grabbed an empty composition book from my backpack and wrote 'Journal' on it in big letters. I started off writing about Bullworth and all the time I spent with Jimmy. I also talked about my new friendship with Beatrice, and hopefully I would become friends with other people as well. After about an hour or so of writing, I checked the time. It was 3:30. Classes just ended so I decided to go outside and watch the football team. I know it wasn't any fun without Jimmy but I guess I could sit out there and draw pictures. So I went outside and made my way to the bleachers on the field and sat there, drawing pictures of the beach, flowers, and other things you would normally see people draw. I spotted a couple of football players looking at me and whistling. I flipped them off and went back to drawing. Boys only liked me for my looks, not my personality. It was ridiculous. That's why I've always ignored what people said about me.. at least until I met Jimmy. That's when I felt better about myself and thought I was pretty. But I really didn't know if Jimmy liked me for my looks... or for my personality. I sighed, I guess I should have asked him. Oh well. I just sat on the bleachers drawing and staring at the sun setting. I was nervous about leaving Bullworth, so I needed to try hard to do my best. I know I can do what it takes to stay here.