chapter 1

·:*¨ ✘ die for you ✘ ¨*:·

.·:*¨ ✘ die for you ✘ ¨*:·.

olo'eykte

soaring through the skies on your tsurak, you tail your father, tonowari, spear in your right hand as you scout the area. when you spot all of the na'vi in your village start to crowd in one area, you look to your father to see if he says or does anything. 

you lower and land into the water when your father starts to do so as well, he was staring at the group and you were too. when your tsurak lands, you glide off and walk next to your father, he stares at the group that caused the commotion. your head was held up high as you tighten your grip on your spear, eyes looking down on the dark blue na'vi, scanning them as you notice some oddities. specifically with two of them.

"olo'eyktan," your father greets, "jake sully."

"i see you, olo'eyktan of the metkayina," jake sully says, with a couple others in his group greeting your father as well.

"i see you, future olo'eykte of the metkayina," jake sully greets you, throwing you off a bit. though your position was recognised, the thought of you being greeted by this na'vi did not pass your mind. at the greeting, your chest swells with pride that he treated you with respect and a smirk comfortably rests on your face.

you greet him back,repeating the words of your father, you make eye contact with one of the boys in the group. yellow, reminds you of the eclipse.

your father greets his wife, neytiri, as you hear shuffling from behind. you look back you see your mother, ronal, slowly walking toward the group with caution. her eyes wandered to the reactions of those of the metkayina, and then to analyse the deep blue na'vi.

"i see you ronal, tsahik of the metkayina," jake sully greets again, seeming to hold more fear for your mother. you knew why, she was the one who influenced your father's decisions the most.

your mother doesn't respond as she walks closer, walking in front of you and gently pushes you back. as if to act as a barrier to separate you and the others. when she does so, you motion for your younger brother and sister, ao'nung and tsireya, to come over and stay behind you, copying your mother's intentions.

"why do you come to us, jake sully?" your father asks.

"we seek uturu," jake says, looking between your father, mother, and you for your reactions.

"uturu," your father asks in confirmation.

"sanctuary for my family," he nods his head, hoping that what he said would be enough.

your father looks to your mother for a reaction, while she gives none and stares at the group. deciding to walk up to them while your father shakes his head and continues to speak.

"we are reef people, you are forest people. your skills will mean nothing here," your father says. your expression lifts as you find out they are from the forest, wondering why they would come all the way out to the reefs, when there are other clans with similar living environments to theirs.