chapter 3

·:*¨ ✘ die for you ✘ ¨*:·

.·:*¨ ✘ die for you ✘ ¨*:·.

fishing

the eclipse had barely ended leaving room for orange to crack through the sky. you were on ka'li, your tsurak, rushing through the waters to get to the main village of the ta'unui clan.

your father assigned you to tell the surrounding clan about toruk makto's family seeking uturu in awa'altu. while he would tell the other villages of the metkayina about the arrangement.

when you arrived at the main ta'unui village, you got off your tsurak and stayed in the shallows. greeting the closest ocean na'vi.

"i see you. i need to talk to your olo'eyktan," you assert. the na'vi greeted you and took a second to understand your words. you knew that some of your words would be different from theirs as the ocean na'vi carry a different dialect from your reef one. some of your words you would have to teach to the forest na'vi.

you were motioned to follow the ocean na'vi and you do. your eyes soon connect with their olo'eyktan.

"i see you, olo'eyktan of the ta'unui," you immediately greet, dipping down in respect for the na'vi in front of you.

"i see you, future olo'eykte of the metkayina. how are you, (y/n)? it's been a while," he asks.

you did not expect any pleasantries to be exchanged. believing that being the messenger would be a quick and easy job.

"i am well, i have a message for you," you say, cutting to why you were here.

"haha, always so serious. well then, what's your message?" he follow up.

"toruk makto has seeked uturu with the metkayina."

"toruk makto?" you nod your head at his words.

a silence settles between the two of you as he thinks about your words, face scrunched in thought. the ta'unui tsahik appears, basket of clams in her hand.

"what is going on here? (y/n), why are you here?" she asks, concern laced in her voice.

you immediately greet her, not missing a beat and repeat what you said to the olo'eyktan.

"uturu? that man is riddled with war and he leaves it behind... what village is he staying in?" the tsahik asks.

"awa'atlu."

"your home? tell me nothing has happened yet."

"no troubles."

"good, i'm sure ronal would not enjoy any trouble," she says, placing down the basket in her hands and crossing them.

"is there anything else, (y/n)?" the olo'eyktan asks.

"yes. please, if sky people come and ask where toruk makto is, do not say. tell your other villages and tell them to keep it a secret as well," you say, looking between the both.