chapter 4

·:*¨ ✘ die for you ✘ ¨*:·

.·:*¨ ✘ die for you ✘ ¨*:·.

dinner 

walking in front of the two you could hear the two having some sort of idle conversation, you heard both talking about your siblings. how lo'ak found tsireya attractive, and how ao'nung looked like he was smacked by a fish. the comments made about your siblings made you snicker mentally, not wanting them to know how assuming they were to you.

when the three of you make it back into the village, you motion them to follow you away from where the houses were and toward the communal dining area. while you weren't the best at cooking, you had many friends that were, and you were going to dump the boys on them so they can help prepare for dinner while you clean some bones from the fish.

they follow you and you look back at them, confusion flashing on their faces at the new area.

"what is this?" neteyam asks, gesturing to the set up in front of you. there were a few na'vi that were already there, making sure that the fish that was not eaten the day before had dried properly.

you remember not seeing them when they first got here at the communal dining, thinking that the whole family went to rest instead of eating with the group.

"this is where we eat dinner. we build community like this," you say, walking toward the na'vi who were there. you motion neteyam toward you, reaching out for the basket full of fish, and taking it from his hands to drop off.

"so, what are we doing here?" lo'ak asks, dragging out the 'so' in his sentence.

"you learn to cook and be useful," you say, sitting down. you grab a fish and a knife and sit on one of the logs, picking out the bones with the tip of the knife to create filets for the cooks to choose what to do with.

"i don't want to cook..." lo'ak says trailing off, neteyam taps his brother's shoulders, shaking his head.

"c'mon little bro, we need to help out," neteyam says, sitting beside you. he took out a knife that you didn't realize he had and took a fish from the basket like you. from the corner of your eyes, you could see neteyam examine how you removed the bones with precision and attempt to copy you.

lo'ak rolls his eyes and sat down across from you two, also watching how you did your job.

after you had deboned a moderate amount of fish, you bring them to the cooks, watching them choose to smoke the fish for the day. neteyam walks up from behind you with a smile, happy with the small stack of fish he had deboned himself. you nod at neteyam's efforts.

"you two help them cook, i have plans," you say nonchalantly, walking away. you had done what you had planned to do and left the two forest boys with the cooks. you could feel the questioning gazes staple into your back, but you didn't look back at them. you continued to walk away.