🔞𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1: 𝖀𝖓𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝕭𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘🔞

Author's Note: (After a lot of contemplation I decided I would finally finish this one to the end because people have been asking about it. Like the saying goes, give the people what they want. So, here we are lmao. )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was like any other cold day of December in San Diego, California. While families were getting ready to celebrate Christmas day drinking hot chocolate, caroling, spending time with family; etc, Lieutenant Hiram Lodge treated this Christmas Eve like every other work day. Without hesitation or regret he called the best undercover agent he had known since the death of a former agent who had died just the day before the present day. The agent's name was Richard Zimmerman but most people called him "Ricky." The agent was working a case called, The Underwood Mafia Case. This mafia, being the most wanted in L.A., was led by a man named Blair Underwood. Ricky gathered evidence that was then extracted from the bottom of Chavez Ravine where the remains of two bodies including his own were found caused by a terrible car chase gone wrong. The news had just reached the Lieutenant early that very morning around 8a.m., which had been hours before Mr. Lodge had been able to reach Ricky's oldest and dearest friend, Sora Simmons who most people commonly called, Sky.

Sky was in his garage working out like he did every other Saturday night around 8:30-9:30p.m. He was lifting weights, listening to his music, and trying to enjoy his last week or so of vacation.

He stopped lifting for a moment to grab a bottle of water from the fridge. He then grabbed a towel to dry his face that was drenched in sweat. He took a few gulps of water before putting the towel across his broad shoulders as he sat down at a chair near a black folding table. He took a deep breath and was soon about to take another sip of water when suddenly his phone started to ring. The name "Lieutenant Lodge" was shown across the screen. A heavy sigh then escaped from Sky's lips because even before answering he knew what this was about. It was more work to do even on his vacation he just could not get a break to save his life. He rolled his eyes before answering the phone then began by saying, "Hey, Mr. Lodge, to what do I owe the pleasure of getting a call this late from you on Christmas Eve and on my da*n vacation?" Mr. Lodge said, "Well Mr. Simmons, I'll tell you it is no pleasure to me at all for what I'm about to tell you."

Sky then asked, "What are you talking about Lodge? What is it?" Sora stood up and opened his bottle of water once again taking another sip as he keenly listened. Mr. Lodge uncomfortably shifted in his seat, swallowed hard and said, "He's dead...Sora um Ricky's dead....he died in a car accident chasing a mafia man and they both fell of Chavez Ravine...We picked up the file this morning or ...um what was left of the evidence. Sora stood in the middle of the garage shocked to the core. He got so stiff that his bottle of water and his phone had dropped to the floor. Mr. Lodge called his name several times to see if he was still there but he was so zoned out he could not hear anything. In the moments amidst his shock he had flashbacks of him and Richard playing basketball at the gym during grade school and he also remembered the day Ricky bailed him out of jail for a crime he didn't commit but had taken all the blame for. Memories flooded his mind of times when Ricky invited him to dinner and when Sky would invite him to his house to hang out or to his family home to meet his mother and younger siblings. Then the memories faded away as the image of Ricky dying developed as dread started lurking around Sora's subconscious. Then just in the nick of time he broke from his trance. He then bent down, seeing his phone in a puddle of water on the floor. To his surprise, Mr. Lodge was still on the phone. He tried pressing the mute button but the screen was too wet and slippery. Sora exclaimed as he picked up the phone, "Sh*t! Sh*t! " Then realizing again that Mr. Lodge was still on the phone he replied, "Oh, I mean shoot. Sorry, Mr. Lodge. Um..hold on." Mr. Lodge said nothing. Sky went over to a cabinet to get a towel so he could wipe the water off his phone. Mr. Lodge said, "You alright?" The images ran through Sora's memory again as Mr. Lodge spoke again. He couldn't even answer because he started to cry. Mr. Lodge, unaware that Sky was crying, spoke again thinking maybe he just didn't hear what he said, so he asked again, "Sora you alright? Talk to me son." Sora shouted abruptly, "F**k no I'm not alright! This s*** don't make any f***ing sense! No! I- just t-talked to Ricky last night! He just said he was on his way home...T-that was my best friend!", Sky cried as he struggled to get the words out. Mr. Lodge could understand his frustration and just chose to stay quiet and let him grieve for a moment.