Spilling the Tea

"So, tell me whats been happening in you're life." Mr Moseby said, while he poured his brand new peppermint tea.

"Oh nothing much, just school and friends and stuff you know?" I didn't want him to know about the whole Zack thing. He hates Zack, and he promised my dad no funny buisness. Shoot I forgot to write my parents a card. Oh and another thing, I can't date Zack cuz I was in the pageant!

"Y/N, I knew you and Zack were canoodling. You don't need to hide it from me, this is a safe space."

"wow, you're a wayyyy nicer person here than you usually are." Which resulted in a look from Moseby. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that out loud." Moseby nodded his head. "But how did you know?"

"Please. The entire ship could feel that SLAM. I'm surprised theres not a dent on you." Then he paused, and started to get afraid, "...theres not a dent in the wall is there?"

"Nope." Moseby sighed in releif. "Was it really that loud of a slam though? Cuz I barely felt anything."

"My office is near Zack's room. Its not hard to hear whats going on in there." he started to shudder. Wow I can't even imagine what he had to hear in there. "But what exactly happend? When Christmas comes, I don't want to have to tell your parents anything they might not like to hear. That's how we lose customers."

"Well, basically Ms Tutweiler paired me and Zack together for a project about marriage. I don't even know what happened, but we talked, let out some feelings and then... that. Wait. You didn't hear our conversation did you?"

"Oh I would never! I really couldn't care less what you kids are doing as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. The vents just pick up really loud noises, like when Zack rages over a video game, or that SLAM that happened."

"Okay, okay I get it!" I said laughing, "Zack violently slammed me into a wall." We both started laughing. 

"Wait." Mr. Moseby said. "thats a nice shirt." He said, circuling around me. It was kinda freaking me out. I'm sure that was the idea given what happened next.

"Ummmmm yea, it was kinda loose though so it wasn't the best thing to wear." I chuckled nervously. 

"its very... PINK" he said, ennounciating the P. "yep! my favorite color" I said, trying to brush off the uneasy feeling. "You know what else is PINK?"

Oh frick. He figured it out.

"What?" I said nervously.

"THE PAGEANT DRESS THAT YOU WORE!"  He bursted. 

"Now now, Mr Moseby, no need to scream. I was the person who told Zack to let out his feelings" I said calming him down. "Also I taught him some morals. Like how to ask people for favors!" I said trying to save our relationship, both mine and Zack's, and mine and Mr. Moseby's friendship. 

Moseby immedietly stopped. "Wait. Morals? Zack? In the same sentance? Seriously?" 

I nodded.

"Cody's been his brother for 16 YEARS and he couldn't do that. Really?"

I nodded again.

"Oh, but enough about that. You broke rules." he said scolding me. "You're going to need to break up with him. Mainly so I don't look like a pushover, but also because I don't want your heart to be broken. You're not the only person Zack slammed into a wall you know. You have a LOT of talent and passion y/n. Don't waste your time on a cruise ship breaking the rules to be with some guy. Especialy ZACK."

Wow. How touching! "Thank you Mr Moseby, but there's one problem. I can't break up with him." 

"and why's that?"

"well, we're not really together. Also we have to be kinda sorta married due to the project. Who knows? Maybe I can teach him on the importance of education too! Or at least social studies. Come on, you don't wanna disapoint Ms. Tutweiler! Do you?"

Mr. Moseby thought about it for a few seconds. Then he sighed. Wow Ms Tutweiler sure has an effect on him, he'll do anything for her it seems like. "Fine." he said, as I jumed up and screamed "YES!" happily, "BUT, for the sake of my reputation, I never gave you permission  to do this, and you and Zack are only together for the sake of love and breaking the rules." "deal" I said holding my hand out, and Mr Moseby shook it. 

"Now, Mr Moseby, how's you're love life doing? Are there any problems with the ship? OOH! or is there a new pocket hanky collection? I don't think I've ever seen you rock that shade of maroon sunset before!" I said gesturing to his hanky. 

"Yes there is actually! The pocket hanky thing, not the ship! Wait, let me show you the WHOLE collection" He said excitedly going over to a case, "okay, so this is the Chanel autum fall corals limited edition!" 

"WHOAH seriously?!" Damn. He can afford limited edition chanel pocket hankies, but not anything noise cancelling to drown out Zack. 

After taking a look at his collection, and finishing our tea (which was AMAZING btw) I said goodbye to Mr Moseby and our tea session, and went to get a smoothie from Zack. 

"Hey y/n! Where have you been?" he said, whilst giving a girl a smoothie and a wink. 

"Really Zack? DIRECTLY after our little show that happened?" I said, refrencing to the wink he gave to the girl. 

"Sorry, force of habit." I rolled my eyes. "Hey! How should I know you weren't just with some other guy right now?" 

"Well I was." I waited a couple of seconds to get a shocked look from Zack. "I was with Mr Moseby. We have tea every couple of days." Now HE rolled his eyes, and I started laughing uncontrollably. "HEY" he said, getting embarrased. "I'm sorry, you just should have seen your face! It was so funny" I said in between laughs. 

"Whatever I have to get back to orders." He said, getting a banana-mango smoothie for somebody. 

While he was cutting up the fruit he was humming a familiar song. 

"Zack" 

"yeah?"

"What song is that?"

"Serve the Servants by Nirvana? Why? You don't like it?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING?! I LOVE THAT SONG!" 

"Seriously?" he said, handing the guy his smoothie, "Well, we can listen to some more Nirvana upstairs when I'm off my shift. Turns out Marcus is a fan too." 

"That would be amazing! when does your shift end?" I asked. Zack looked at his watch. "now" he said, Jumping over the counter and knocking over a drink on somebody. "Well, I could clean that up, orrrrrrrr we can go upstairs and listen to some Nirvana." he said holding my hand and swinging it. 

I started to get flustered, with butterflies, but I'm still trying to teach Zack morals. "Zack..." 

"I know, it was worth the shot though" "No it wasn't!" I said, as he grabbed a napkin, and for his "kind deed" he got a 5 dollar tip from that guy!

"Okay now lets go" I said grabbing his hand, and we went to his cabin. 

"Alright, so what album first?" he asked going over to his radio to put in the CD. (yes I know radios play music from radio stations, but many also have cd compartments)

"Idk what do you have?"

"All 3, so... Bleach, Nevermind, or In Utero?"

A/N 

HI! I didn't know how to finish this chapter sooooo I just went ahead and ended it there!

To all Nirvana fans reading this, go get yourself a cookie. You deserve it. 

🍪 There ya go

anyways I hope you enjoyed!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 309 READS OMG

Kk thats it byeeeeeee

-MLBNYC

(Word count 1270)