Chapter 1 : Introduction

Today is the day that Marion is attending her best friend, Meredith, engagement day. Meredith is her only best friend and also her only family when they both resided in the orphanage home in Oklahoma 20 years ago. She and Meredith both have been taken to one of the orphanage home in Oklahoma when they were only 7 years old. At that time, Marion was often being bullied by other kids in the orphanage due to her unique hair color, and she often cried alone in the store room afterwards.

When Meredith was playing hide and seek with other kids, she stumbled upon Marion at the store room when she was trying to find a good spot to hide. She heard a soft and sadly crying sound in the store room. At first she was afraid what if in the store room is not a person, but then when she heard the sad crying sound she enter the store room and saw Marion was crying and hugging a picture with her hand on her chest. Looking at the sad and pretty little girl, Meredith came forward Marion and hugged her and tried to soothing her to not cry. When Marion suddenly was hugged by someone, she startled but then felt warm and safe when Meredith started to sooth her.

From that on ward, their friendship has bloomed into sisterhood. Meredith often protects Marion from getting bullied by other kids. Meredith is 2 years older than Marion. They are always together until Meredith turned 18th years old. She need to get out of the orphanage and live her life for herself.

During those 2 years, Meredith often went to the orphanage to visit Marion so that she would not feel lonely. Meredith also worked herself out to save money so that when Marion is out of the orphanage, they will go to the US together to start a new life.

On Marion’s 18th birthday, Meredith have prepare a lot of surprises and one of the surprise that Marion remember until now was when Meredith asked her if she want to be her sister and live together at the US. Marion remembered that she was crying her eyes out of it because the week before her birthday, Meredith did not visit her nor answer her call. Marion thought that after her 18th birthday, Meredith would abandon her since she had already become an adult and was not obliged to take care of Marion anymore. Marion know that eventhough they are not related by blood, but she love Meredith as her big sister for how Meredith has been kind and loving towards her.

For the past years, they both excelled in their life. Meredith was always the cheerful and bright person. She is also a very smart and intelligent person , and she is the one who taught Marion a lot of meaningful things in life. She also supported Marion in achieving her goal to become an FBI officer as Marion said that she wanted to protect Meredith like how Meredith protected her in the past. Meredith, however, worked as a chief nurse at elderly nursing home in Manhattan.

During Meredith working at the eldery nursery home, she met a handsome and lovely man who was one of the patient's grandchildren. Kyle is a sweet young man. He often visits his grandfather and volunteers in the nursing home. Kyle's character attracts a lot of attention, and the elderly want to match him with their granddaughter. But kyle politely rejected them as for his heart had already been taken by Meredith. He often professed his love to Meredith when they got the chance to be alone, but Meredith always turned a blind eye because she knew if she accepted him, she would leave her sister, Marion, alone, again.

As time goes by, Marion notices Kyle, who often goes to the nursing home. She found out kyle wanted to woo Meredith. Marion felt so happy. All of the time, while they lived together, meredith rejected a lot of men. Marion was concern. She was afraid that Meredith would die alone. Marion then confronted Meredith about Kyle, and she told her that she would want Kyle to be her sister's boyfriend. Kyle is a man who shows that he truly cares about Meredith. She persuaded Meredith to accept him. She knows that deep down in Meredith's heart. She also cared for Kyle. Meredith is someone who is stern with her decision. If she rejected the other guys with a firm answer, they will back off and will not try to pursue her anymore. Although for Kyle, she never once did trying to reject him nor accept him. Kyle has always court Meredith for the past years.

After Marion confronted her sister, Meredith finally accepted Kyle. They have been dating for almost 4 years since then. Kyle popped the question and meredith gladly accepted the proposal.

2 months later,  they held their engagement at their newly made house near a farm Kyle’s family own. Them both took a liking to live in a remote area.

A/n : well, what do you guys think about my first chapter? < i was new to this thing and a long time ago I always dream of to be a writer. But then again I am afraid to try to write since my English was not really good since English is not my first language. I hope you guys understand and giving me a support to continue writing. >