Chapter Twenty: Rising Anger

*Take note that the following chapters may contain flashback scenes here and there. Just for you guys not to be confused, all flashback scenes will be written in italics and everyday scenes will be written in the standard font. Also, certain characters' thoughts will be written in italics. Thank you :)

.

Karn felt a little lighter after talking to his father... He felt lighter after knowing the truth about his birth. He didn't know what would have happened if all his questions had been unanswered but now that he got it, he could see things with a clear mind. As he walked back home, his mind drifted to the Rajmata of Hastinapur... His so-called 'biological mother'

He has heard so many things about her... Especially, after her arrival in Hastinapur as a new bride. People always spoke greatly about her and her lifestyle. The way she supported her husband when he went to fight a war on their wedding night. The way she wholeheartedly accepted his second wife. And of course, who can forget her 5 children that the entire Hastinapur love, the Pandavas! But, only if they all knew about how evil is she in reality. Only if the royals knew about the deep dark secret she is keeping from them... Which is technically him!

Oh, My Lord! That always means he is the brother of the Pandavas...

'Ew!' he thought. He was never really a fan of the Pandavas. I mean, what is so great about them?! They are just demigods and nothing more. It is not like they are equivalent to the almighty! Everyone on earth is a god's gift and everyone is equal in the sight of them. He shook his head and neglected the thoughts of that woman. He soon reached his house and saw his parents quietly seating there. The moment they saw him, Radha immediately stood up and ran to him and pulled him in a hug.

"Where did you go, Putr!? You were out for so long, we were so worried! Where were you?" Radha asked while crying. Karn smiled as he hugged back his mother. He was away just away for an hour or so but that was enough for his mother here to panic. He broke the hug and cupped her face.

"I was just around here, Mata and I promise you that I will never leave you and Pitashree!" he said and Radha cried in happiness and pulled him in a hug again.

'I shall not tell my parents about the truth of my birth! There will be a time that they will know but it shall not be now!' Karn thought and he was brought out from his thoughts by Radha.

"You look tired my, Putr! Come let's eat and you can rest! We have to go to the temple later," Radha said and Karn nodded and followed his mother to go and eat. 

***

Karn went to the temple alone as his mother wasn't able to go and she accidentally sprained her ankle. He stood in front of Mahadev's idol and prayed for his family and loved ones. As he was praying, he heard commands and the footsteps of the soldiers of Hastinapur. Karn didn't bother to open his eyes. No one had the right to stop anybody who is in the middle of prayers and if anybody did, he is not going to leave them alone. 

One of the soldiers saw Karn praying and decided to pull him out of that space. He was nearing him when a voice stopped him.

"What are you doing?! Don't know you know that it is wrong to disrupt somebody who is in the middle of their prayers?!" Gandhari said. The soldier looked down and took a step back, giving space for her to walk past him. She stood beside Karn and raised her hand indicating for the soldiers to give her some time alone as she was about to pray. She looked at Karn who was beside her... She didn't know why but she felt like she knew him from before, even though she has never seen his face. She sighed as she kneeled before her god, whom she was worshipping her entire life.

"Hey, Prabhu... I don't know what sin have I ever done in my past life, but whatever it is, please don't make my children suffer! All my life, I have only been experiencing pain and the only time I felt happiness was when my children were born. But, whatever is happening now, I fear that I will lose them all. There is no one in the palace that I can trust. Everyone is only favouring her and her children. Every single time, she is right and I am wrong... why because she was the wife of the great Pandu and the mother of 5 devputrs... And I... I don't even know what I am anymore!" she said and tears started to stream down her face. She sobbed as she placed her head on the idol, pouring all of her pain and agony.