Chapter Twenty-Two: Creating a path

*Take note that the following chapters may contain flashback scenes here and there. Just for you guys not to be confused, all flashback scenes will be written in italics and everyday scenes will be written in the standard font. Also, certain characters' thoughts will be written in italics. Thank you :)

.

Karn and Mahadev stood at the entrance of Mount Kailash. Karn was standing behind Mahadev who was looking at him.

"Why are you standing behind, Karn? Come in front," Mahadev said but Karn.

"No Mahadev. That won't be right. This is your abode, it won't be right if I stand in front of you," Karn said.

"You are a Suryaputr, Karn. You might be a demi-god but your status is not any less than a god!" Mahadev said. Karn noticed the meaning behind those words and realised that Mahadev was testing him.

"I may be a Suryaputr, Mahadev but I was raised by the values taught by my Radha Ma. Just because, I am the son of Surya, that doesn't mean I will change my status. I will always be a Sutputr first and that will always be my first identity. Hence, my status is always less as I am just an ordinary being," Karn said and Mahadev smiled.

"Very good, Putr! Radha has raised you very well!" Devi Parvati said as she walked towards them with the Puja Thaal. Karn looked at Devi Parvati in awe. He has heard so much about her... About her valour, about her strength and most importantly about her devotion and undying love for Mahadev. He slowly kneeled in front of her and bow down, placing his hands together.

"Pranipat, Devi Parvati!" Karn greeted and Devi Parvati held Karn, making him stand on his feet.

"My blessings will always be with you, Putr. I have waited for this day for so many years and finally, it has come!" Devi Parvati said with excitement, making Mahadev look at her amused. Karn was confused by her words.

"What do you mean, Devi? What day were you waiting for?" he asked.

"You are so funny, Putr! I have been waiting for your arrival for a long time. I have heard so much about you and was hoping to invite you to our abode but see, you are here already!" she said and Karn nodded with a small smile.

"What is the need to invite me, Devi? I am no one important... I am just a mere human," Karn said and Devi Parvati just smiled at him.

"Who said that I wanted to invite you because you are a Suryaputr? I wanted to invite you because you are important in Vrushali's life... And whoever is part of her life, especially if it is her loved ones, they are important to us... Right, Mahadev?" Devi Parvati said hinting at Mahadev to go along with her.

"Of course!" Mahadev said and Karn bought their story as it sounded believable. Devi Parvati snickered and Mahadev was smiling at his wife in pure amusement. She went closer to Karn and did his Aarti.

"Welcome to our abode, Kailash! I hope during your stay here, you will be able to learn a lot of things and also have memorable experiences," Devi Parvati said and Karn smiled at her.

"And call me, Mata!" she said and before Karn could say anything, she dragged him inside the abode.

***

Kauravas and Pandavas were currently residing in the ashram of Dronacharya. It has only been about a few weeks since they were there but it was very obvious to everyone's eyes the biases that were going on there.

Dronacharya always gives Kauravas to do all the cleaning jobs. There were times when Dronarcharya will only teach Pandavas weaponry skills and make sure that Kauravas will not be anywhere near them. All of this was noticed by Dronacharya's son, Ashwatthama.