Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unworthy

Happy belated Deepavali / Diwali everyone! Hope you guys had a great celebration this year with your loved ones.

*Take note that the following chapters may contain flashback scenes here and there. Just for you guys not to be confused, all flashback scenes will be written in italics and everyday scenes in a standard font. Also, certain characters' thoughts will be written in italics. Thank you :)

.

It was night time and Dharini was waiting for the youngsters to go to bed. She wanted to have a private conversation with Parashuram since morning, but it was hard as he was busy training the students. She peeped outside the hut and saw all of them sound asleep.

'Thank god! Good that all of them have slept. I have to talk to Prabu right now, if not I will never be able to,' she thought. She walked out of the hut and looked around but there was no sign of Parashuram.

'Where did Prabu go?' she thought as she slowly tiptoed, walking past the sleeping students who were shagged from that day's training. She slowly walked down the steps of Mahendragiri and saw a figure standing near the river. She walked towards the person and realised it was her husband.

"Prabu! What are you doing here, late at night?" Devi Dharini asked. Parashuram turned to look at his wife. The woman whom he fell in love with at first sight after knowing her peaceful nature. She was the next woman in his life after his mother. She was the woman who could calm him down, after his mother.

"I could ask you the same thing, priye" he said and he saw how she blushed hearing the word he used to address her. 

"Oh right! I did come here for a reason, unlike you who is standing here," she said mumbling looking down. Parashuram smiled slightly hearing her mumble.

"Okay! Since you came here with a reason, tell me. Why are you here?" he asked.

"I have something very important to tell you!" she said and he raised his eyebrow.

"About?" he queried which made, Devi Dharini roll her eyes.

"What else will I talk about, Prabu? It is all about our one and only daughter, Vrushali. She has already reached the age of marriage," she said and Parashuram nodded.

"So, what shall we do now? Shall we conduct a swayamvar for her?" he said and Dharini shook her head.

"Why conduct a swayamvar when she already loves someone!? You and I know that she loves, Karn," she said.

"Oh really? I didn't know that..." Parashuram said and Dharini's eyes went wide.

"You man are all the same and will never change. How can you not see something so obvious in front of your eyes? You can see people with your eyes closed but not with your eyes open! You are very weird, Prabu and sometimes, I wonder why I married a person like you," she said dramatically. Parashuram was about to talk next but Dharini just didn't give him the chance.

"But what's the use of talking about the past? Forget it! We have to discuss Karn and Vrushali's marriage. I was thinking we should discuss this with Mahadev and Devi Parvati tomorrow morning," Dharini said sternly.

"Priye, you are talking as if Gurudev and Mata Parvati are free to visit us whenever they like," he said.

"I mean, Vrushali is technically their daughter too," she said cheekily. Parashuram shook his head at his wife's innocence. Sometimes, he wonders how can she still be innocent despite living with him for so many years. 

"I guess, you are right! It is very late now, let's go back and sleep," he said got hold of her hand and slowly guided her up the stairs of Mahendragiri, the same way he did when he brought her home after their marriage.