School Of Angels

School Of Angels

The world has been turned upside down by the retirement of Death himself, and nobody wants the job. So without Death, people are living forever. It's the cure for those who wish to live forever... but it's not possible. The world will become overpopulated, and chaos will emerge.

Niases, the head Angel, is left in turmoil. Because when Death retired, all the Angels from the world other than the leaders vanished forever. So he opens a school where he selects a group of teenagers who should have died until Death's retirement.

The ten teenagers are given Angel abilities, as all of them were set to become "new Angels" at their deaths.

One of the teenagers, Ruby, had been destined to die the day Death called it quits. She had been terminally ill for six years, and has been given the ultimate ticket. Live forever as an Angel.

Can they handle helping people to move on into the light without a Death in the world?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Prologue...

I had been expecting death.

For six years I had been sick, and I knew death would soon come. Leukaemia. It was my death sentence.

I didn't fear dying. No, I never feared moving on. I feared living. Ever since I was ten years old, I had spent more time in hospital than anywhere else. I had suffered through chemotherapy, and the terrible sickness that came with it. I went into remission when I was twelve, but a year later it returned with a vengeance.

Finally, I was no longer in that dreaded hospital bed. Instead, I stood in a large white room with nine other teenagers. This was all death was? I had nothing to be afraid of!

"Hello," a girl greeted me. "I'm Danielle. And you are?"

"Ruby," I smiled, taking her outstretched hand.

"Any idea why we're all here?" Danielle asked.

"Because we died," I answered simply.

"Died?" Danielle asked. "I was..."

"Quit your whining, Dani," a boy groaned, walking past.

"Jonah?" Danielle frowned. "What... what are you doing here?"

"Dani, the car accident?" Jonah said to her. "Don't you remember? I crashed my car... we both died in the accident, honey."

"You guys... know each other?" I asked.

"He's my boyfriend," Danielle said, looking like she'd seen a ghost. "I'm dead?"

"We're all dead," another girl said grimly. "I remember going to sleep in my bed, and I awoke here. I... I think I died in my sleep."