Chapter 1.

"She's my daughter, what can I say?" A deep but comforting voice said as he stood cross armed in the doorway of the kitchen to the living room his sky blue eyes were staring at the little girl with her burgundy hair in two messy pigtails and her hazel eyes so innocent you would have a gut feeling that she would never get into any mess, she was mimicking the NASCAR's driving around the track with her little toy cars, the guy standing next to the other man was tall, bald, muscular, and a light caramel color with his intense brown eyes just made you wonder what has happened in his life, he also had an interesting tattoo design on his upper arm that said he was in touch with his culture or just thought the design was really cool.
"So Brian, what are you going to do if Dixie wants to start racing or drifting?" The deeper voice said as he also watched the little girl play. The father of Dixie stood in awe and stared even more, almost to the point he would strain his eyes "I haven't thought that far ahead Hobbs, but when I do I'll tell ya." Brian gave Luke Hobbs a cocky grin that told Hobbs that when he tells him when he made up his mind that it is going to be good.

8 years later:
(Age 10)
The impact of the speed made Dixie giggle to the point you thought she would've peed, but she would laugh the proceed to smile then laugh again, doing the same thing she did every time her dad took her out to the tracks "Again! Again!" She screamed in laughter "Alright, but this is the last time." Brian said as he got to the finish line and put the 911 GT3 R in neutral and revved her up to make Dixie smile, he then did him fancy number of gears quite quickly 1-2-3-4
then he went to 4-3-2-3-4-5 and then once more stopped at the start line with a giggling daughter and a nice touch of a burnout at the end.
"Daddy one more time, Pleeeassse!" She whined as she folded her hands together and made an irresistible puppy dog face "I'm sorry hunny, but we gotta get home." He said knowing the fact that he and his daughter both wanted to go another lap around the track.

3 years later:
(Age 13)
"You need an oil change, a new oil filter and an air filter also." As Dixie cleaned off her hands with a beaten up old rag her and her father had used to clean off their hands when they were working on cars in the beaten up old garage. The neighbor stood at the door, his grey hair reflect the light and his old sad brown eyes stared at Dixie amazed at what she knew at the age she was at "You at thirteen, and you know this stuff already?" Dixie shook her head saying; yeah'p to herself in her head
"How did you know all this?" He asked in awe. She put down the beaten up cloth she still had in her hand and grabbed a wrench "I've been working on cars since I could walk," The old man's jaw dropped, he thought of how going to Dixie would be so much better than going to a well known mechanic in town "and I guess you could say it's a family thing." She added.
"Well that's an amazing talent that you should keep up young lady!"
"Yeah, I will" She gave him a smile "So, I can fix this up for you if you buy me, a new air filter, oil filter, and some engine oil."
"I'll go and get that now then," He said as he turned around to leave to the maintenance store for all the part Dixie had listed for him, then he turned around quickly "Is there any way you could fix the squeaky noise my door makes when you open it?" He asked politely. Dixie smirked and walked over to the metal table and picked up a cylindrical item that has a long plastic straw "All you need for that is a little DW-40 and she'll be back to normal" She said as she sprayed down the inside hinge's of the front door for his car.

3 years later:
(Age 16)
"Mom, please let me join!" Dixie begged on her knees. Mia, Dixie's mother let out a long sigh "That's up to your father, and he'll be back later tonight"
"That's not fair! The race is tomorrow, I'm of the age, and the registration forms are supposed to be in by 10 a.m." Dixie begged and begged trying to get her mother to say yes so she could be in a race, that she knew her father would say no to letting her compete, he's only let her watch the races or be in the passenger in the car.

Few hours later:
Brian walks into the house exhausted from work and drops everything he had in his hands, Dixie runs out of her room and hugs her father, Brian smiled and hugged his daughter squeezing her tightly in his arms "How was your day?" He asked as he slowly let go of the hug "Um, well-" Brian put his hands on his daughter's shoulders "What, what is it?" He asked concerningly.
"Well... There's this race that I want to compete in and it's tomorrow and mom won't let me go." Dixie said as she stared down at the wooden floor knowing he father would be astonished with her request. "You know how I feel about this," Brian said as he let go of her shoulders and walked towards the couch "I know but-" Dixie complained. "Don't but me, I made it very clear." Brian sat down on the couch and fiddled with his hands "What is your reasoning anyway?" She asked as she approached her father. Brian stared at the blank TV and thought about everything that he has done that made him regret the racing part of his life, "Because I don't need my own child going through what I have gone through going down that road."
"That doesn't make sense, what are you tal-"
"That's it I'm done talking about this, don't ask anymore questions " He stood up and walked into the kitchen, hiding from his own child. Brian put his hands together and cupped his face while he shook his head and started to cry.