Chapter 3- The Chase

Kendall's POV

My fingers gripped around the gun in my hand. I'd never used one before. I never had to. My knuckles were white and my breathing was heavy, heart beating faster with each swerve and tilt of the van. <Matilda, we've never fired a gun before.>

<I know.> she gulped <But it's better you than me.>

<What's that supposed to mean!>

<Nothing offensive, Ken. You know how clumsy I am. I'd end up shooting the wrong person and crying the whole time.>

<That doesn't make me liberal with a weapon.>

<I never said that it did.>

<Tilda... I- I can't shoot someone. I won't. I don't care if they want to kill us. I can't> I tried to speak firmly her, without my voice breaking. I wanted to be able to convince her that this was something she had to do, but I didn't want to put all the weight on her shoulders. She would handle it worse than I could- and it seemed as though she already knew that.

<Ken...> she said after a while. <Please.> her voice was soft and rushed, as if she couldn't handle thought of the gun being in our hand let alone using it. Dan had his head stuck at the window, shooting the car behind us. "Kendall!" he yelled over the sound of screeching tires and gunshots. Our hand still gripped the gun nervously, my eyes not leaving it when I responded through gritted teeth.

"What!"

"Push your window open and shoot." My eyes flickered from the gun to him and back again. "I-I can't."

"You've done it before!"

"I know, Dan, but that was spy training, not actual humans!"

"Kendall Louise Lester-Howell you will shoot and you will shoot now." Nit I wouldn't do it. I dropped the gun. He stared at me half annoyed and half worried, "Ken, no sass rants now. This is life threatening."

"You can drive!" Phil said.

"Philip, she can't drive she's fifteen. Besides she's never driven." Driving. Much more pleasing than killing. "I'll do it."

"Kendall! Are you mad?"

"Last I've checked... completely." I walked next to Phil, who turned with one hand and grabbed the gun with the other, allowing me to take his place. He swung open the window and opened fire, the shots ringing through the air.

Fingers wrapped around the wheel, I was able to dodge cars that were in my way. "Kendall! Faster!"

I nodded my head, gulping and pushing my foot harder on the pedal.  <It's okay Ken, your doing fine.> Matilda's voice was soft and soothing, but I could hear the worry and doubt in it. She didn't think we were going to make it out alive. They were still closing in, which was bad news as I am possibly the worst driver to ever exist. I pulled out a sharp turn, almost knocking our van over in the process. A bullet smashed through the front of our wind shield and I ducked out of the way as the class flew into our face. When I sit back up, blood trickles down my forehead and onto my lips, the salty taste sending a shot of adrenaline through my body.

"Everyone alright?!" Phil yelled, still shooting at the car behind us. "We're fine." I yelled back. But out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a van identical to ours picking up speed. "We got company!" I yelled. Dan spun around and spotted the car, trying to get a closer look into it. "Oh my god." he said quietly. "What?" I asked him. "Those aren't the bad guys, Ken. That's Eva and Addie, they're defiantly the good guys. The van drove behind us, and I watched through the rear view mirror, I saw the van chasing us swerve out of the way before tumbling down a hill. Eva skidded her van to a halt and pulled up next to ours. I would have rolled down the window but seeing as it was scattered throughout the street, there was really no point. "Daniel, Philip." she nodded to them and Phil gave a small wave. She turned her head to us. "And this must be Matilda and Kendall. You girls alright." I gulped before choking out a few words. "N-never better."

Sorry for the short chapter- I'm trying to update No Shows at the same time as this and it's a little tricky. Patience cupcakes