Chapter 11 Walker

I didn't get much sleep but I got up and picked a white shirt with my brown leather pencil skirt. I leave my curls flowing so I can fix it later if I need to. I put on just a little mascara and blush. When I like the finished product I make my way down stairs. Just another day I see Walker putting the chairs back down. I walk through and I feel his eye on me. I smile and he does his signature wink at me. Our secret between us of what we created together.

The office was not very busy and no one really likes working on Fridays since a realtor's job is never really done. We don't really have days off. I do just because I own the company but I still take on clients. I like the free time to live.

I get more nervous the later the day gets. I haven't been on a date in years. Maddox was not a romantic and when we did go out it was work stuff and no conversation. I freshen up my makeup and hair and fix my skirt and then make my way to the restaurant.

After a night like I just had I feel like a fraud going on a date with another man. I feel like I am shaming myself and Walker.

A rule is a rule. No changing it now.

I walk up and see Matteo standing outside for me and his face lights up. I walk slower to him and then look at the restaurant. His eyes are like needles on me when he looks me up and down. I know exactly every spot they are looking at. He is definitely a good looking guy. He has a smile that makes you go weak in the knees.

" Hello Dani, shall we?" He says holding an arm out. He certainly is a gentleman. I run my hand around his arm and he leads us inside.

He is tall but not as tall as Walker. His scruff is now gone and clean shaven. I can see his dimples clearly now. The sculpted jawline and full lips. The waitress shows us to our table and then he pulls the chair out for me.

The restaurant has dim lighting and very much a mood. Our table has a small flower arrangement with red, white and pink shades. A small table lamp.

I take my glasses out and put them on. "Wow I know it is very clique and I am sure you hear this a lot. You are absolutely gorgeous." I look up at him over my glass and smirk. I stay quiet. I don't even know what to say to someone that gives me that compliment that isn't sum. I feel if I say something it will shift the mood of the night. He smirks back and breaking our connection we read our menus.

When the waitress shows up I hear her accent. She is clearly italian. So I decided to order that way. " Ciao" I say and her face lights up. So does Callum. He just watches me careful, like a child seeing a real life Disney character. " Posso avenre il caponata."

" Si" she says, writing it down.

"Grazie" I say, closing the menu. I look around the room while Matteoorders our wine and his dinner.

"You are a secret weapon aren't you?" Matteo asks

" Oh you have no idea." I say a bit flat. I don't want to like him, so I will not be putting a lot of effort into this date. " So where are you from?"

" Here" He says "I have been born and raised here. I had a falling out with my family when I went home to Sicily for a while but I have always been here." He explains as the waitress pours our wine. " Grazie." He takes a sip and so do I. " I was honestly shocked you said yes to come tonight. I thought maybe you were married."

" Oh no I am single as of just recently. Some men don't know when not to dip their wick where it doesn't belong." I see his jaw strain I say. As a man turns and looks at me and I raise my glass at him knowing he heard me.

" Well he is an idiot." Matteo says sitting back in his seat. " Did it end up messy?"

"Oh it burned hot then ended in ashes. I was very angry for a while." I say sipping my wine. I look around and take note of where my security is and one is a few tables over and wipes his nose. I scratch mine. " How about you?" I was tired of answering questions.