Chapter 6 Dani

The next day I went and gave a statement and so did Derrek as a witness to me being home. Then I went to work. Not at all nervous of the turnout.

I wore my black dress and my hair is pulled back. Half way so it's off my face. Everyone has heard about the fire and I tell them I was okay and that it was an accident. When I told them I was at Derrek's they calmed down. They know we are millionaires so they don't worry about me too much. Like I have everything I could need.

" Team meeting, ten minutes." I say to everyone. They all know it means five minutes and to be ready. I run my business with a steel fist. I take no mercy for anything.

I walk to my office, grab my computer, notebook and pens. I make my way to the meeting room with our three couches and white board. My assistant put all the hot ticket properties on the board this morning before I got here. So I know we are ready. When the last person closes the door we begin.

" Okay so this is a big month. We have a lot to sell." I say. " Patrick, where are we at with McMinkley place?"

" Under contract." He says and we all clap. " Bidding war and it ended up two thousand over the asking price."

" Good job." I say " Delani, how about Nikles place?"

" I have two showings today and tomorrow. One is a second walk through so I think it's close." She explains seeming a bit nervous knowing that it should have been sold by now.

" Okay let me know how it goes by friday. If not, drop the price." I told her. " Jack, how about your Chelsea place?"

" Well I have a showing today at three." He looks at his notepad.

" I haven't seen it yet. Can I join you?" My voice is cold, calculated.

" Sure I can meet you there."

" Perfect" I move onto the next one.

We get through the rest of them and when we are done and ask if there are any new listings. They tell me about four and I have my assistant write them down. We end the meeting and go back to work.

At two thirty we make our way to the showing. The building is old and it was built by the Chelsea family in the 1800's. I walk down the hall to the front door and as he opens it. It's like they took all the light in the city. Holding it captive in the apartment.

There is a wall of windows and everything is black and white with marble counter tops and brick walls painted white and a dark black stained wood floor. All the appliances are stainless steel and brand new. The bedroom and bathrooms are just as sterile. It's not my cup of tea but still it's expensive and that means good revenue for the business. It really needs a woman's touch and some warmth to feel like a home.

I hear Jack let in the client and they are talking about the amenities and history of the building then they walk into the bedroom where I was on the balcony looking out at the view. I turn and see Jack smiling at me from the doorway.

" Hello" I say

" Matteo, this is Dani Mckillip." Jack says as Matteo looks me up and down. " Dani, this is Matteo Pratt."

" Very nice to meet you Dani," Matteo says, holding a hand out.

He is in a gray three piece suit with some tattoos on his hand peeking out. He has a short cut like my brothers and combed to perfection. Gel holding every strand in place. Unlike my brothers his hair is blonde and he has almost no beard, just a light stubble like he forgot to shave this morning.

His smile warms my blood and that makes my stomach flip. He is attractive and he knows it. The room stills and I can tell he works out and he is tall which I love.