Chapter 3: A Ball

CIEL'S POV

"My lord, you've received a letter," Sebastian said and passed the envelope to me.

I took a look at the seal on the envelope and frowned.

Trancy...

I opened it and scanned through the invitation. It appeared to be some sort of invitation to a ball.

What was he playing at? He knows that I despise this sort of things.

I tossed the letter aside on my table and continued with my paperwork.

"You are not going? My lord," Sebastian questioned.

"You know very well for yourself, these parties are a waste of my time," I sighed and continued my work.

Sebastian asked, "Wouldn't a party be the best way for Amelia to regain her memories?"

That's true...

"Very well then, get Amelia over here so I can tell her about the ball," I said.

"Yes, my lord," Sebastian replied and walked out to fetch Amelia.

+++

AMELIA'S POV

"You wanted to see me?" I asked and walked towards Ciel. He did not look pleased.

Did I do something wrong?

"Yes," he replied. "We have been invited to a ball at the Trancy's"

"Trancy?"

Why did it sound familiar?

"Yes, the Trancy's. Alois Trancy. He isn't a good man, though. I don't want you near him. We are only going there so you can regain some of your memories. We are leaving at 4."

Alois Trancy? Yet again, it sounds familiar. Where did I hear it from?

"All right then, I will go get ready," I replied and left the study and headed to my room. I brushed through my long blue hair.

Ciel didn't sound happy when he told me about the ball. Does he not like them? And why did he say Alois is not a good man? Do they not like each other?

I looked through the closet of dresses.

So many to choose from...

I looked through them. They all looked so pretty.

Sigh. How am I going go pick just one?

Then, a dress caught my eye. I took it out to have a closer look. It was a blue dress with black frills. I tightened my corset and wore the dress. Then, I tied my hair in a side ponytail and curled it. I took a pair of black stockings and dark blue flats and put them on.

There it's done.

I put on some light makeup and left the room to meet Ciel at the foyer.

+++

CIEL'S POV

I looked at my watch. It was exactly 4 o'clock.

Where is she?

"I'm here!" A voice called out. I looked up and gasped. She looked... Amazing... She walked towards me and asked, "Are you alright, Ciel? Your face is really red."

What the hell, why am I blushing?

I looked away and replied, "Yeah I am okay, let's go to the ball, shall we?"

"O-Okay..."

"My lord, your carriage," Sebastian said and opened the door to the carriage. We went in and sat down. I sat at one corner and Amelia sat next to me.

The trip was rather silent. None of us spoke. It was getting awkward. I decided to say something, but then her head rested on my shoulder.

"What are you-" I wanted to ask, but then I saw that her eyes were closed.

She's sleeping...

I decided to let her be.

She feels so warm.

I looked at her.

She looks so cute in her sleep. She smells of lavender. Oh god... What am I thinking? And what is this temptation I am feeling? I feel like I want to-

*blushes*

Stop thinking about her. It will be bad for you, Ciel.

"Ciel..." she whispered in her sleep.

What an idiot... Though, what could she be dreaming of that has me in it?

"Don't-"

*bump* *bump*

"Sebastian!"

"It's okay, my lord, just a suddenly bump in the road," Sebastian said.

"It better be the only bump," I hissed.

I felt something on my lap. I looked down. It was Amelia. The bump caused her to fall of my shoulders and onto my lap. I pat on her head and brushed through her hair. She looked like an angel... Her eyes opened slowly and she yawned in a sweet manner.

"Good morning," I joked.

"Huh?" She yawned, then realizing that she was lying on my lap. She blushed and got up.

"S-Sorry," she said.

"For what? I didn't quite mind it..."

"Oh... T-Thanks..."

The carriage came to a halt.

"We are here, my lord," Sebastian said and opened the carriage door.

We got out and walked in. It was quite of party. The music started to play and people started to dance.

"Want to dance?" I asked Amelia.

"All right..." she replied with a smile as I led her to the dance floor.

AMELIA'S POV

We danced and danced as the music played. I was having so much fun! I felt something I never felt before. It made my heart beat so fast and flutter. Ciel felt so warm... Dancing with him made me feel safe...

The music stopped and a blonde boy who looked of our age stepped forward.

"Today's ball was meant to be for my dear betrothed, but she was unable to make it today. I thank everyone for coming nevertheless," he said, then he looked towards Ciel and my direction and gasped. "My betrothed!" He walked towards me.

Huh? Why is he...?

"Do you know him?" Ciel asked.

"I don't know..." I replied softly.

"My dear Amelia, what are you doing with Phantomhive?" the blonde boy asked.

"S-Sorry, but do I know you?" I asked.

"Oh dear, have you lost your memories? Did Phantomhive do this to you? In that case, I am Alois Trancy, your betrothed," he said.